Area churches have scheduled a number of services and events for Holy Week and Easter.
* A Good Friday service, sponsored by the Ministerial Alliance in Brooklyn-Curtis Bay, will be held at noon at St. John Lutheran Church, 226 Washburn Ave. The Rev. Charlotte Hendee, pastor of Brooklyn Heights United Methodist Church, will preach, and other area clergy will participate. James Harp will be the soloist.
* A Maundy Thursday service will be held at 7:30 p.m. at Brooklyn Heights United Methodist Church, 110 Townsend Ave. A drama, "Table Talk," will be performed, and the sacrament of Holy Communion will be given.
The Good Friday service begins at 7:30 p.m. and will include the reading of Passion Scriptures, hymns and anthems. Easter sunrise service takes place at 6 a.m. followed by services at 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m., with the Easter cantata presented by the Chancel Choir.
* Easter services at St. John Lutheran Church will begin at 5:30 a.m. with an Easter vigil. Weather permitting, about 6:30 a.m. the congregation will go from St. John to Garrett Park for Holy Communion at sunrise. St. John also will offer two services, at 8:30 and 11 a.m., with a Sunday school Easter program and parade at 10 a.m.
* Harbor Hospital Center will conduct its seventh annual ecumenical Easter Sunrise Service at 7 a.m. Local church choirs and soloists will provide music. The service is being sponsored by the hospital's pastoral care division. A continental breakfast will be served in the hospital cafeteria immediately after the service.
For more information, call 347-3487.
Community members are invited to attend the Belle Grove Improvement Association meeting at 6 p.m. Wednesday.
Guest speaker will be county police Cpl. Henry McClung, who will discuss traffic and engineering.
The meeting will be at Belle Grove Elementary School. The public is invited.
A skating party for all Brooklyn Park Elementary School students will take place from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday at Skate City II in Crofton. A bus will be available for children; the cost is $4.50 per person. Cost of skating is $2.50 plus $1.25 for skate rental.
North County High School news: The Parents Club general meeting and election of 1995-1996 officers will take place at 7 p.m. tomorrow in the conference room.
* The North County High School Golf Classic, sponsored by the North County High School Athletic Community, will take place at 7:30 a.m. on June 23 at Bear Creek Golf Club in Westminster.
Registration is $60 per golfer and includes green fee, cart, continental breakfast, snacks on the course, buffet after the tournament and a chance at several hole-in-one prizes.
Businesses are needed to sponsor golf holes for $100 and foursomes.
To register or for more information, call Nelson Martin, 222-6970, Ext. 126.
Two reminders to parents: Public schools will be closed Friday and next Monday for spring vacation.
Elementary schools will be registering kindergarten students for the 1995-1996 school year today through Thursday. Parents should bring these documents to school when they register their children: the child's birth certificate, immunization record, Social Security card and proof of address. Proof of address must be a utility or phone bill. If you are renting, a notarized letter from the landlord is required.
For more information, call or visit the schools: Belle Grove Elementary, 4502 Belle Grove Road, 222-6589; Brooklyn Park Elementary, 200 14th Ave., 222-6590; Park Elementary, 201 11th Ave., 222-6593.
Parents with school-age children can participate in the Arundel Improvement Association's annual Easter egg hunt scheduled from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. Saturday. Children up to 11 years old can participate. All children must be accompanied by parents who belong to the association. Prizes will be awarded.