Fields of Stevenson
1.Ashley Custom Homes has opened a model of the Oxford, one of four traditional-style luxury homes at the Fields of Stevenson in Pikesville. One of two builders at the development, Ashley plans to build about 30 of the 60 homes.
The Oxford, with a base price of $339,500, has four bedrooms, two full baths and one half-bath, full unfinished basement, first-floor laundry room and 3,250 square feet of living space.
The first floor opens into a two-story foyer and has a 13-by-17-foot living room, 13-by-14-foot dining room, 11-by-14-foot kitchen with an 11-by-13-foot breakfast area. A 20-by-12-foot rear deck is optional. A 20-by-15-foot sunken family room with optional fireplace and 20-by-23-foot two-car garage completes the level.
Upstairs, there is a 13-by-20-foot master bedroom, a 14-by-12-foot bedroom, 13-by-10-foot bedroom, 15-by-12-foot bedroom and hall bath.
In addition to the Oxford, there are three other traditional-style models available: The Guilford, for $373,000; the Easton, $365,000; and the Baron, $328,000.
The Oxford model is open from noon to 5 p.m. every day except Thursday. Take I-695 to Park Heights Avenue, south one-quarter mile to sales office on left.
* Builder: Ashley Custom Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 484-0000.
* Developer: Greenebaum & Rose.
* Base prices: $328,000 to $373,000.
* Style: Colonial.
* Number of homes: about 30.
* Lot sizes: One-third acre.
* Square-footage: 2,800 to 3,400.
* Options: Sun room ($14,700); oak floors -- living and dining rooms ($3,100); ceramic tile in kitchen ($2,800); 9-foot ceilings on first floor ($3,500).
2. Chateau Builders has opened a model of the Astor, one of four styles of three-level townhouses being offered at Woodland Village in Ellicott City, Howard County.
Begun by Chateau in 1984, the Woodlands is a 120-acre community of townhouses and condominiums, including Woodland Park and Woodland Village.
Chateau said construction of the final 31 townhouses in the Woodland Village section -- to be built in five buildings -- will start on Tuesday. There are also 14 townhouses from earlier sections for sale. Construction of Woodland Park has been completed.
Besides the Astor, which has a base price of $158,990, the three other styles offered are: the Countryside, $137,990; the Suite, $147,990; and the Classic, for $149,990.
The Astor has three bedrooms, two full baths and one half-bath, sunken living room, master bedroom with cathedral ceiling, expanded bath and separate shower. It has 2,403 square feet of finished living space.
Included within the development will be an Olympic-size pool, community barbecue area, playground and jogging paths throughout.
The model is open daily from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. To get there, take I-95 South to Route 175 West to Columbia, take Route 108 about one mile to Old Stockbridge Drive, turn right to the information center on Oldfield Lane.
* Builder: Chateau Builders Inc.
* Phone number: (410) 799-3535.
* Developer: Chateau Builders Inc.
* Base prices: $137,990 to $158,990.
* Style: Three-level townhouse.
* Number of homes: 45.
* Lot sizes: N/A.
* Square-footage: 1,920 to 2,403.
* Options: Fireplace ($3,500); garage ($3,500); double-bay windows ($3,400); deck off breakfast area ($4,100).
Please send notices of new models, new construction or proposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate Section, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, Md. 21278, or fax the information to 783-2517.