Rob Kavovit's goal with 1:29 remaining lifted No. 4 Syracuse to a 13-12 victory over No. 9 Brown yesterday before 5,327 at the Carrier Dome.
The game featured five ties in the second half, and no lead larger than one goal.
The Orangemen, who never led after a minute into the second half until the final 1:29, scored twice with 2:34 to claim the victory.
The win ended the Orangemen's two-game home losing streak. Senior defenseman Ric Beardsley and senior attackman Jim Morrissey each had three goals.
David Evans had four goals to lead the Bears (2-3), who trailed 5-2 after the first quarter.
* Princeton 10, Yale 6: Scott Conklin scored four goals to pace No. 5 Princeton (4-2) past host No. 15 Yale (4-2). Jeff MacBean had three assists.
The Tigers outshot the Bulldogs, 45-20, and controlled 13 of 20 faceoffs.
Tom Zaccagnino had four goals and Tony Rousou added four assists for Yale, which converted both extra-man opportunities.
* Duke 13, Harvard 11: Scott Harrison had three goals and two assists to help No. 6 Duke (7-2) past visiting No. 15 Harvard (3-1). The Blue Devils had a 62-18 ground ball advantage.
Blue Devils junior goalkeeper Joe Kirmser made 20 saves. Mike Eckert had two goals and one assist for the Crimson.
* Georgetown 23, Boston College 5: Chris Remington had five goals and four assists as No. 14 Georgetown (6-2) ripped visiting Boston College (1-4). Remington became the third Hoya to score more than 100 career goals.
* Hobart 22, Canisius 4: Matt Crowther and Josh Kenney each totaled three goals and three assists as No. 19 Hobart (3-1) routed visiting Canisius (3-4).
* Salisbury State 16, Ohio Wesleyan 8: Jake Bergey notched four goals and two assists to lead top-ranked Salisbury State (7-0) over host and No. 4 Ohio Wesleyan (6-1) in a Division III game.
After Ohio Wesleyan tied the game at 5 just two minutes into the second quarter, the Sea Gulls reeled off eight unanswered goals, including three from Bergey. Ohio Wesleyan outshot Salisbury State 48-45, but was two of 12 in extra-man opportunities.
* Mary Washington 13, Western Maryland 12: Denis Tarpey's unassisted goal with 1:33 remaining capped a five-goal rally which lifted Mary Washington (4-4) over visiting Western Maryland (3-3) 13-12 in a non-conference game.
* Marymount 14, Goucher 4: Paul Schiavone contributed three goals and three assists to lift Marymount over host Goucher. Keith Guinto led Goucher with four goals.
* Shenandoah 12, Villa Julie 5: Andy Peacock scored four to pace host Shenandoah (5-2) past Villa Julie (1-3). Rob Jarmer led Villa Julie with two goals.
* St. Mary's 17, Scranton 7: David Wenrich scored five goals as St. Mary's (6-0) downed Scranton (3-3). Michael Keryc led Scranton with a hat trick. St. Mary's outshot Scranton, 38-20. Steve Spence added four goals to St. Mary's cause.
* Nassau CC 14, Anne Arundel CC 9: Steve Tempone scored three goals to lead No. 2 Nassau Community College (4-2) to a win over No. 3 and host Anne Arundel CC (4-1). After the Pioneers scored the game's first goal, Nassau scored 10 unanswered goals to take a 10-1 halftime lead.
Craig McKenzie and Scott Walstrum each scored two goals to lead Anne Arundel.
* Essex CC 15, SUNY-Farmingdale 9: Scott Jackson scored five goals to pace host Essex Community College (1-1) past SUNY-Farmingdale (3-2). Mike Ford added four to the Knight's cause. Bob Brown led SUNY-Farmingdale with a hat trick.