* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone entered a house in the 3100 block of Keswick Road through a basement door yesterday and stole a mountain bike valued at nearly $500.
* THEFT: Northern District -- After stealing an Independence card from the occupant of a house in the 4500 block of Derby Manor Road Sunday, someone used the card to withdraw more than $90 from the victim's account.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- An elderly resident of the 3200 block of Abell Ave. was near his home yesterday when a man armed with a knife robbed him of $60.
* BURGLARY: Woodlawn Precinct -- A VCR and compact disc player, all valued at more than $500, were stolen from a house in the 6000 block of Johnnycake Road yesterday by someone who entered through the front door.
* SCHOOL BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- Someone entered the Villa Crest Elementary School in the 2100 block of Rader Ave. through a door yesterday and stole a VCR and computer equipment, all valued at more than $2,000.
* ROBBERY: Parkville Precinct -- A man was about to make a deposit at a bank in the 2000 block of E. Joppa Road yesterday when an unarmed man robbed him of a bank bag containing an undisclosed sum of money.
* ARSON: Cockeysville Precinct -- Someone set fire to paper products inside a restroom at Research Support Instruments in the 300 block of Clubhouse Road over the weekend. The fire, which burned itself out and was confined to the restroom, caused light damage.
* BURGLARY: Edgewood -- Someone entered a house in the 2000 block of Rockwell St. Sunday while the occupant was moving to another location and stole a vacuum cleaner valued at nearly $100.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore and Harford counties, reported by Richard Irwin.