* SHOOTING: Eastern District -- A resident of the 1600 block of E. Federal St. was listed in serious condition at Johns Hopkins Hospital after someone shot him at least two times in the back and leg when he opened his front door to investigate a noise last night. Police were seeking two men seen running from the house.
* ARSON: Southeastern District -- Someone set fire to a rear bedroom of a two-story rowhouse in the 100 block of N. Patterson Park Ave. this morning. Fire investigator Capt. Robert Hatoff said a woman and her children live in the house but that the woman was apparently away and the children were being watched by a friend when the fire was reported at 3 a.m.
* ROBBERY: Southwestern District -- A resident of the 3000 block of Stafford St. was in the 400 block of Brunswick St. yesterday when a gunman robbed him of more than $40.
* ROBBERY: Southwestern District -- A young girl from the 3100 block of Normount Ave. was riding her bike in the 1400 block of N. Ellamont St. yesterday when a man armed with a handgun pushed her to the pavement and reportedly stole the bike.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- Three men were walking in the 5900 block of York Road yesterday when three other men, one with a silver-plated handgun, robbed them of cash and property, all valued at more than $300.
* THEFT: Northern District -- Two mountain bikes valued at $1,000 were stolen from a house in the 700 block of W. University Parkway between March 6 and March 13. The theft was reported yesterday.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone entered a house in the 400 block of E. Cold Spring Lane through a front door yesterday and stole a stereo equalizer and cassette player, all valued at nearly $200.
* THEFT: Northern District -- Police were seeking a known suspect who entered a house in the 4000 block of Old York Road yesterday and stole a microwave oven valued at nearly $300.
* CARJACKING TRY/ARREST: Towson Precinct -- A man under arrest for allegedly stealing property from the Eddie Bauer store at Towson Town Center in the 800 block of Dulaney Valley Road broke free from a security officer and then attempted to force a man from his car before he was rearrested by police. After fleeing the shopping complex, the man tried to force a motorist from his car on nearby Dunvale Road when he was captured by pursuing police. Charged with attempted carjacking and theft and held at the county Detention Center in lieu of $65,000 bond is Kevin Cooper, 28, of the 5500 block of Fernpark Ave., Baltimore.
* ROBBERY: North Point Precinct -- A resident of the 2600 block of Bauernschmidt Drive was walking across the parking lot at the Eastpoint Mall in the 7800 block of Eastern Blvd. yesterday when she was assaulted by a man who stole her purse containing more than $100.
* BURGLARY: North Point Precinct -- Someone entered a home in the 2000 block of Bear Ridge Road through an unlocked door yesterday and stole compact discs, a beeper, a 14-carat gold and diamond ring with emeralds, earrings with diamonds and other property, all valued at nearly $2,000.
* THEFT: North Point Precinct -- A TV, microwave oven, stereo equipment and a cassette player, all valued at $1,600, were stolen from a house in the 8100 block of Murray Point Road yesterday.
* THEFT FROM AUTO: Bel Air -- Someone entered a 1989 Ford parked at Jake's East Auto Sales in the 2100 block of Bel Air road Tuesday and stole an in--- stereo-radio valued at $200. The thief caused another $75 in damage removing the radio. The car's door was unlocked at the time of the theft.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore and Harford counties, reported by Richard Irwin.