* THEFT: Northern District -- A resident of the 4500 block of Manordene Road was paying a bill inside a building in the 2000 block of N. Charles St. yesterday and had placed a $20 bill on the counter when a man grabbed the money and fled.
* THEFT/ARREST: Northern District -- Police arrested a man yesterday who attempted to leave the Super Fresh store in the 1000 block of W. 41st St. without paying for items valued at more than $45.
* PURSE SNATCH: Northern District -- A woman of no permanent address was standing at a bus stop in the 2000 block of N. Charles St. yesterday when a man knocked her to the ground and stole her purse containing a small sum of money. A witness chased the man more than a block and recovered the purse. The thief escaped.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A 43-year-old woman was about to enter a building in the 5500 block of York Road yesterday after parking her car in a garage when a gunman demanded her keys and purse. The man then stole the woman's car, a 1993 Volvo station wagon with unknown tags.
* CARJACKING/ARRESTS: Northwestern District -- Police arrested two men who forced their way into a 1992 Chevrolet in the 2200 block of Garrison Blvd. at gunpoint and ordered the motorist to drive off. Near the Mondawmin Mall, the driver jumped out. Police spotted the car on Allendale Road and arrested two suspects.
* ARSON: Western District -- Someone set fire to a 1982 Oldsmobile Cutlass in the 2500 block of Monroe St. yesterday, causing extensive damage to the interior.
* ROBBERY: Southwestern District -- A resident of the 4900 block of Denmore Ave. was in the 200 block of N. Culver St. yesterday when two men, one with a handgun, robbed him of property valued at nearly $300.
* THEFT: Southwestern District -- Property valued at $700 was stolen from Consolidated Freightways in the 3600 block of Benson Ave. over the weekend.
* BURGLARY/ARREST: North Point Precinct -- Police arrested a man who entered an outdoor shed in the 200 block of North Point Blvd. yesterday and stole a weed cutter and a pair of bolt cutters, all valued at $150. A witness gave police a description of the suspect.
* STOLEN CAR: Woodlawn Precinct -- A burgundy four-door 1987 Nissan Maxima with tags BJV 869 and valued at $8,000 was stolen yesterday from a parking lot in the 2800 block of Diamond Ridge Road.
* ROBBERY: Garrison Precinct -- Police were seeking three men who entered a home in the first block of Stockmill Road yesterday and robbed the occupant of $50 after cutting him with a knife and striking him with a metal pipe. The victim was treated at Sinai Hospital.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by ZTC Richard Irwin.