* Baltimore International Culinary College announced that Cynthia Bishop joined the BICC communications department as a publications specialist.
* University of Baltimore appointed Carol Vellucci director of career services/cooperative education and David Rees as director of development.
* Phillips Business Information Inc. announced that Mary E. Crowley was named managing editor of its Enterprise Network and Multimedia Newsletter groups.
* The Guilford Group, Baltimore-based workers compensation management consulting firm appointed the following associates: Sheldon A. Altschuler, worker's compensation management; Thomas Kurowski, sales; Denise Thompson, Intecomp Network and Lesli R. Proctor, marketing and communications.
* Migliar/Kaplan Associates, a pharmaceutical marketing research firm headquartered in Owings Mills, announced the appointment of Sheryl Olitzky to partner and member of the board. Joining the company as vice president, new business development and partnership relations, is Dr. Martin S. Glogowski. Louise Kier Ziretta was named director of new product development.
Advertising and PR
* Image Dynamics promoted Mary Ann Knab to vice president, public relations.
* The Reeves Agency announced that Paul Schmidt joined the firm as an assistant account executive.
* Eisner & Associates named Jennifer Tiktin print production manager.
* Crosby Communications of Annapolis has selected Amy Hitt for the new position of traffic manager.
Legal and insurance
* Ober, Kaler, Grimes & Shriver announced that Richard M. Pollak, formerly of Miles & Stockbridge, was made a shareholder resident in its Washington office.
* Maryland Agency Insurance Associates named Mark J. Ring as a partner.
* Maryland Surety Associates, of Beltsville, appointed Michael E. Schendel to head its underwriting and marketing department.
* Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson, Sparks-based planners and engineers, named Joseph H. Bourdon to head its water/wastewater division.
* Mueller Associates II, consulting mechanical/electrical engineers, appointed Kenneth H. Rock an associate and stockholder.
* The Bower Partnership, architects and engineers headquartered in Gaithersburg, selected Madelyn Comanda vice president of business administration and named Joan M. Whaley as associate, corporate communications.
* Northwest Hospital Center appointed Richard Schoonmaker assistant vice president and chief information officer and Sharon Hendricks director of medical records.
* Howard County General Hospital announced the election of Dr. Adinarayana Divakaruni as president of its professional staff.