The following are recent filings in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Maryland, Baltimore City
* Fansler Development Co. Inc., 2118 Riding Crop Way, Baltimore, framing contractors, has filed under Chapter 7. Principal: Mark Fansler, president. Assets: None; Liabilities: $13,800
* Maryland Closet Co., 2102 Dalewood Court, Timonium, d/b/a Closettec, filed under Chapter 7. Principal: Donald A. Davis, president. Assets: $1,300; Liabilities: $40,832
* 602 Enterprises Inc., 3249 Fort Meade Road, Laurel, t/a Club 602, a restaurant, bar and package goods outlet, has filed for Chapter 11 protection. Principal: Somkid Danzer, president. Assets: $50,000; Liabilities: $48,044.97
* William J. & Janice Ann Garvey, individuals t/a William J. Garvey Insurance Agency, 14 St. Andrews Road, Severna Park, filed under Chapter 13 for adjustment of debts. Assets: $314,220; Liabilities: $410,187
* John E. & Doris Walls Paniere, farm operators, 114 North West St., Easton, have filed jointly under Chapter 7. Assets: $218,974.13; Liabilities: $478,745.77
The following are the most common types of filings under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code:
CHAPTER 7 -- Liquidation.
CHAPTER 11 -- Reorganization.
CHAPTER 12 -- Agriculture, Family Farm with other income.
CHAPTER 13 -- Adjustment of debts of an individual with regular income.
a.k.a. (also known as), d/b/a (doing business as), t/a (trading as).
n/a: not available. LLC: Limited Liability Co.; L/P: Limited Partnership; P/A: Professional Association; P/C: Professional Corp.