Around the house
* When entertaining, refrigerate candles before using; they will burn more evenly without excessive drips.
* Shine silver to a gleam. Rub with a soft, damp cloth that has been dipped in baking soda.
* Keep household sponges fresh; soak regularly in cold salt water.
* Store bananas in the refrigerator without the skins turning dark. Place fruit inside a white plastic bag, such as a kitchen trash bag, and store inside crisper. Skins will remain yellow for several days.
* Chop onions finely with a pizza cutter. Run wheel back and forth over sliced onions.
In the garden
* When watering hanging plants, place potted plants beneath them to catch the drips.