Early bird tickets for Baltimore’s BEST party on sale now!

Three men injured in fire at house

THE BALTIMORE SUN

A fire that may have been started by careless smoking in bed injured three elderly men and caused serious damage to their two-story rowhouse in the 2300 block of E. Madison St.

Two of the men, both in their 60s, were taken to the Bayview Medical Center for treatment of burns and smoke inhalation. One of the men appeared to have suffered a heart attack. The third man, also in his 60s, was reportedly treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. Their names were not immediately available.

Battalion Chief Robert Williams said the fire, reported at 12:36 a.m., began in a second-floor rear bedroom and quickly spread to the front of the home. The fire was declared under control in less than 30 minutes. Chief Williams said one resident who lived on the first floor made his way outside on his own, but that firefighters rescued the other two from their smoke-filled second floor apartments. The first floor suffered smoke and water damage.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
46°