* AUTO THEFT: Northeastern District -- Someone stole a 1984 Chevrolet Cavalier with no license plates from the 4800 block of Erdman Ave. between 7 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. yesterday.
* ARMED ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- A man entered the Beauty Outlet store at 3945 Erdman Ave. yesterday afternoon, pointed a gun at the store's owner and demanded money. The owner gave him about $100, and the robber fled.
* ATTEMPTED RAPE: Northeastern District -- A man who attempted to sexually assault a woman in the 1400 block of Exeter Hall stabbed his victim seven times with a knife yesterday. The woman was hospitalized in fair condition at Johns Hopkins Hospital after the incident, which occurred about 12:30 p.m.
* ARSON: Northwestern District -- About 9:35 p.m. Sunday, a 1991 Nissan 240SX was found on fire in a parking lot in the 3600 block of Bower Ave. The owner, who lives nearby, reported the car stolen on Dec. 16. A 1984 Ford Tempo parked next to the Nissan was also damaged.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone used a key to enter a home in the 4000 block of Garrison Blvd., ransacked the resident's bedroom and stole items including jackets, boxer shorts, cologne and tape recorders. The burglary occurred sometime between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Sunday.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone used a rock to break a window at the International House of Pancakes, 6322 Reisterstown Road, sometime between 3 p.m. Sunday and 6:40 a.m. yesterday. The burglar took about $50 from the cash register after breaking it open. A locked walk-in freezer was also pried open, but nothing appeared to be missing.
* RAPE/ARREST: Northwestern District -- A woman who said she was raped at knifepoint behind Pimlico Middle School yesterday escaped her attacker after pushing him down a hill. Police arrested and charged David L. Lindsay, 35, of the 6900 block of Reisterstown Road, in connection with the attack. He was held in the district lockup pending a morning bail hearing on charges of rape and assault with a deadly weap- on.
* ASSAULT/ROBBERY: Southern District -- Two men pulled a handgun on a man in the 1300 block of W. Pratt St. and demanded money about 12:50 a.m. yesterday. The victim, who lives in the area, gave the robbers $329, and they fled north on Calhoun Street.
* ASSAULT/ROBBERY: Southern District -- Three men approached a West Baltimore man in the 1800 block of Cherry Hill Road, pointed a handgun at him and said, "Kick it out," about 4:25 p.m. yesterday. The man gave the robbers $23, and they fled on foot.
* BURGLARY: Southern District -- Someone cut a large hole in the concrete wall of Electronics Power Control at 2001 Kloman St. between 3:30 p.m. Dec. 22 and 7:25 a.m. yesterday. The business had not reported what, if anything, was missing yesterday.
* BURGLARY: Towson Precinct -- Burglars kicked out a panel on a garage door and then rammed a car into a concrete wall to break into the offices of Key Leasing Corp, 715 York Road, sometime between Dec. 23 and yesterday. They took a television and a videocassette recorder and fled in a stolen white 1991 Dodge Shadow, Maryland license YXT-920.
* THEFT/ARREST: Northpoint Precinct -- Police arrested a man in connection with the Christmas theft of four guns. James Waugh reported that between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday, three shotguns and a rifle were taken from his home in the 7000 block of North Point Road. Police charged his son, Thomas L. Waugh, 30, of no fixed address, with grand theft, and held him in the district lockup in lieu of $100,000 bail.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $1,000 may be paid for informa- tion.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Erik Nelson.