* ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- A man was in the 1700 block of Gorsuch Ave. Tuesday when a gunman robbed him of his coat valued at nearly $100.
* ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- Police were seeking a gunman who robbed a man of cash and property, all of unknown value, in the 3600 block of E. Northern Parkway Tuesday night.
* ASSAULT: Southwestern District -- A resident of the 4700 block of Edmondson Ave. was walking in the 4400 block of Edmondson Ave. Tuesday when he was assaulted by five men who forced him to the rear of a shopping center. There, the men went through the man's pockets looking for money and property. Finding none, one of the men struck the victim over the head with a handgun.
* SHOOTING: Western District -- A 33-year-old homeless man was in the 2300 block of Druid Hill Ave. Monday afternoon when he was attacked by a man who shot him in the buttock with a small caliber handgun. The victim was in stable condition at Maryland General Hospital. The gunman escaped.
* STOLEN CAR: Parkville Precinct -- A 1985 Mazda 626 with tags ZVH 854 was stolen Tuesday from the parking lot at the North Plaza Mall in the 8800 block of Waltham Woods Road.
* ATTEMPTED MURDER: Towson Precinct -- Police were seeking two men in connection with a robbery and attempted murder of three people inside an apartment in the first block of Waterway Court Tuesday night. One of the victims placed an ad in a newspaper saying he wanted to sell a sapphire and diamond ring and gave his address. Tuesday night, a man knocked on his door and said he was interested in buying the ring. When the owner of the jewelry produced the ring, valued at $3,200, the prospective buyer pulled out a handgun and took the ring. While backing out of the apartment, the gunman fired two shots into the ceiling. Neither the owner of the ring nor two other people in the apartment were injured. As the gunman ran to get into a dark-colored sports car that was waiting for him, the owner of the ring gave chase but stopped when the car, occupied by a second man, sped off.
* ROBBERY: Towson Precinct -- A 32-year-old resident of the 4300 block of Clifton Road was waiting for a bus in the 6600 block of Loch Raven Blvd. Tuesday night when two teen-age boys, one with an unknown shiny object, robbed him of $32.
* BURGLARY: Cockeysville Precinct -- Someone entered a ground-floor apartment in the first block of Breezy Tree Court through a bedroom window Monday and stole property of unknown value.
* STOLEN CAR: Cockeysville Precinct -- A 1992 Honda Accord with Washington tags 160079 was stolen from the first block of Norwick Circle Monday.
* BURGLARY: Cockeysville Precinct -- Someone entered the Foto Mat in the 11300 block of York Road Monday after throwing a chunk of concrete through a door and stole a radio valued at $40.
* VANDALISM: Edgewood -- Someone slashed all four tires of a 1983 Dodge van over the weekend while the vehicle was parked in the 1000 block of Agate Drive. The 32-year-old owner of the vehicle discovered the vandalism when he left his house at 8 p.m. Monday. Police said a knife was used to destroy the tires and set their total value at $120.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore and Harford counties, reported by Richard Irwin.