* Diamond Comic Distributors, of Timonium, announced the appointments of Helen Carroll to director of finance; Tom Stormonth, executive director of purchasing; Bill Neuhaus, director of sales and customer service; Eric Best, manager, sales and customer service; and Shelley Grosser, marketing communications manager.
* ERIS Enterprises selected Constance Stadler Bay as a training and development associate and Susan Wade an associate on its training materials desktop publishing staff.
* Baltimore Stationery named Juan Costas as a sales representative in the Rockville branch office.
Advertising and PR
* W. B. Doner & Co. has chosen Toby Feinberg as vice president, account supervisor and Frank DiBiasi an account supervisor.
* Harbor DuVall Graphics announced that Thomas A. Sabia has been selected as director of operations.
* Image Dymanics has added Katherine Ellis to the staff as an account executive.
* Richardson, Myers & Donofrio named Jocelyn Shrewder and Heidi Blalock public relations account executives.
* P.P.S. Information systems Staffing Co., selected Margie Forbes and Dee Busick as account coordinators for its Information Systems Contractual Staffing Division.
* Stegman & Co. appointed Jackie Sozio a senior accountant in its Columbia office.
Legal and insurance
* Ober, Kaler, Grimes & Shriver has added Frank C. Bonaventure Jr. to the firm as a partner in the Baltimore-based regional law firm.
* Plaxen & Adler, of Columbia, named Paul A. Meloan to the firm as an associate attorney.
* University of Maryland Medical Center appointed Dr. Eve Higginbotham professor and chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology.
* Columbia Medical Plan named Dr. Christine Richards, an obstetrician, to the staff.
* Northwest Hospital Center has appointed Dr. Rafael L. Aybar associate chief of surgery.
* Maryland General Hospital appointed Judi L. Knott director of public relations, and Lynn Hopkins as director of marketing.