5 TEAMS (OTHER THAN ARKANSAS) THAT HAVE A CHANCE TO WIN IT ALL
1. Kentucky Wildcats have dominated SEC, so why not the rest of the country?
2. North Carolina If Dean doesn't lose control of sophs, the Tar Heels will be terrific.
3. Georgetown Allen Iverson is supposedly the second coming of (take your pick).
4. Massachusetts Academics aside, the Minutemen are ready for prime time.
5. Maryland The bangwagon is revving up, and Joe Smith is driving the bus.
5 COACHES ON THE HOT SEAT
1. Randy Ayers, Ohio State This rollercoaster appears headed for disaster
2. Les Robinson, North Carolina State ACC's nice guy won't finish last, but he needs to win.
3. Leonard Hamilton, Miami Good recruiter, apparently can't coach.
4. Joe Harrington, Colorado Should have stayed at Long Beach.
5. Jim Harrick, UCLA Nothing short of national championship will satisfy boosters
5 OF THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY
1. Duane Simpkins, Maryland Showed his toughness last year.
2. Donta Bright, Massachusetts Overshadowed by Marcus Camby, but had great first year.
4. Gary Trent, Ohio Has overcome a horrific family life to become MAC's biggest star.
5. Kerry Kittles, Villanova Could bring the Wildcats back to prominence.
5 OF THE MOST OVERRATED PLAYERS IN THE COUNTRY
1. David Vaughn, Memphis Doesn't play well in tight situations.
2. Othella Harrington, Georgetown Coming off sophomore slump.
3. Cherokee Parks, Duke Without Grant Hill, can "The Chief" be "The Man?"
4. Bryant Reeves, Oklahoma State Good copy, but he could be the next Greg Dreiling.
5. Junior Burrough, Virginia Now that he's a senior, it's time to get his act together.
5 OF THE BEST NON-CONFERENCE GAMES
1. Arkansas-UMass, Nov. 25, Tip-Off Classic, Springfield, Mass.
2. Arkansas-Georgetown, Nov. 27, BCA Doubleheader, Memphis
3. Kentucky-UCLA, Dec.3, Los Angeles
4. UMass-Maryland, Dec. 10, Baltimore
5. Maryland-Cincinnati, Feb. 19, 7-Up Shootout, San Antonio