* Adventure World, formerly Wild World, located in Largo, has been named for the third consecutive year as the most improved theme park in the nation by Inside Track magazine. Since 1992, the park has doubled the number of rides and attractions and will unveil a new state-of-the-art inverted loop roller coaster, The Hangman, for the 1995 season.
New accounts & contracts
* Image Dynamics has been named as agency of record for the Episcopal Ministries for the Aging's Fairhaven and Copper Ridge communities. The Baltimore-based agency also signed a marketing, media and public relations contract with Current Asset Finance Corp.
* Reeves Agency has been retained by Preakness Celebration '95 for multimedia advertising and public relations.
* Robert Smith Photography was signed by the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra as official photographer for its East Asian tour, which continues until Nov. 18.
* Pell Communications of Hunt Valley, was contracted to provide advertising and marketing services for TanBlasters and its sun protection products application system.
* Cornerstone, a Baltimore-based firm, has been awarded a contract from Goodwill Industries to institute a new image campaign for the vocational rehabilitation charity's retail outlets.
Open for business
* Talbots Petites will hold its grand opening celebration on Friday at 9:30 a.m. with prize drawings, fashion show and seminars. The new store is in the Jennifer Square shopping complex on Jennifer Road in Annapolis.
* James T. Russell of the Anne Arundel Economic Development Corp. was named the Southern Industrial Development Council's Volunteer of the Year.
* Karen Yeigh, director of rehabilitation services at St. Agnes Hospital, received the hospital's Founders' Award for Servant Leadership.
* Mutual Fund Forum named Barbara Levin executive director.
* Professional Ambulance Association of Maryland has chosen Vicki Rosellini president and Kelly Walters secretary.
* Public Relations Society of America, Maryland chapter, selected Jeff Davis a director-at-large.
* Maryland Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives elected Penny Chandler as president.