* SHOOTING: Southern District -- A 43-year-old employee of the Sobo grocery store in the 300 block of E. West St. in Federal Hill was shot in the right ear during an apparent attempted holdup Monday afternoon by two men, one with a gun, who wore masks. The men escaped. When the gunman pointed a .22 caliber handgun at the woman, she struggled with the man in an attempt to grab the gun. When the man broke free, he shot the woman in the ear. Police said the bullet lodged in the woman's neck. She was taken to Mercy Medical Center and is listed in good condition.
* THEFT: Southeastern District -- Police were seeking a 40-year-old resident of the 2000 block of Fleet St. in connection with the theft of a large sum of money and a .38 caliber handgun Monday night from O'Connor's liquors in the 4800 block of Eastern Ave. The theft was discovered shortly after the suspect, an employee of the store, closed the business Monday night. A warrant was to have been issued for the man's arrest.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- Three men, one with a handgun and another a knife, robbed the Interstate Blood Bank in the 3000 block of Greenmount Ave. of more than $400 Monday. During the robbery, the suspects threatened to kill two employees.
* ROBBERY: Essex Precinct -- Police were seeking a man who forced an employee of the American Legion hall in the first block of S. Marlyn Ave. back into the building early Monday morning and ordered him to open an office safe. After taking an undisclosed sum of money, the man robbed the employee of his car keys and then locked him in a walk-in freezer. In addition to the money from the safe, the man also stole the employee's car, a 1985 Buick Century with handicap tags 27325.
* BURGLARY: Woodlawn Precinct -- A 12-speed mountain bike valued at $350 was stolen from a garage in the first block of Hickory Ridge Court Monday.
* BURGLARY: Woodlawn Precinct -- Someone entered Delicious Foods in the 2000 block of Lord Baltimore Drive through a side window Monday and stole more than $500 from a desk drawer.
* CARJACKING: Northeastern District -- Two men, one with a shotgun, robbed a motorist of his 1986 Audi with tags ZXY 180 outside the Garden Bar in the 4800 block of Erdman Ave. early today.
* BURGLARY: Towson Precinct -- Police were seeking a man who entered an apartment in the 6900 block of Lachlin Circle over the weekend and ransacked the dwelling. Nothing appeared to be missing.
* STOLEN CAR: Cockeysville Precinct -- A blue 1988 Acura Legend with tags ALZ 699 and valued at $9,000 was stolen Sunday from the 10300 block of Sunnylake Place.
* STOLEN CAR: Garrison Precinct -- A maroon 1992 GMC Yukon with tags 495132M and valued at $28,000 was stolen Sunday from the 6800 block of Liberty Road.
* STOLEN CAR: Garrison Precinct -- A 1985 Oldsmobile Regency with handicap tags 33950 and valued at nearly $4,000 was stolen Sunday from the 6900 block of Millbrook Drive.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.