Peter Medd scored with five minutes left to lead host Towson State (8-7, 2-4) to a 1-0 win over UMBC (5-8-1, 1-5-1) in a Big South Conference men's soccer game yesterday.
* Maryland 1, George Washington 0: Freshman forward Derrick White scored his first collegiate goal to break a scoreless tie 81:20 into the game and lead visiting Maryland (10-3-1).
* Johns Hopkins 5, Catholic 2, OT: Eric West scored two of his three goals in overtime as host Johns Hopkins (10-2-3) defeated Catholic.
* James Madison 4, Mount St. Mary's 1: Mark Ellis scored two goals and Kaarlo Kankkunen added a goal and an assist leading James Madison (13-1) past visiting Mount St. Mary's (8-6-2).
* Loyola 3, Navy 0: Tricia Witte (Oakland Mills) had two goals to lead host Loyola (7-10) past Navy (5-8-2).
* Johns Hopkins 3, College of Notre Dame 0: Merrie Swartwood and Jen Dowling scored second-half goals as host Johns Hopkins (6-7) defeated College of Notre Dame (7-8).