* SHOOTING: Western District -- A 20-year-old man was listed in very serious condition at the Maryland Shock Trauma Center after someone shot him in the right jaw in the 700 block of N. Carey St. Monday night. The man was found lying in the street by police. Anyone with information about the incident should call the homicide squad at 396-2100.
* ARSON: Northern District -- Someone set a fire in the hallway of an apartment house in the 3400 block of Woodland Ave. Monday afternoon, causing at least $2,000 structural damage. No injuries were reported.
* STOLEN CAR: Northwestern District -- While the owner of a 1993 Toyota with tags BJV 694 was away on a business trip between mid-September and Oct. 10, someone stole his car, which he parked in the 6500 block of Reisterstown Road.
* THEFT: Northwestern District -- Someone entered a 1990 Jeep Cherokee parked in the 4200 block of Brookhill Road Monday and stole a compact disc player valued at $400.
* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A man was walking in the 2700 block of N. Longwood St. Monday when he was assaulted by two men who robbed him of his coat, valued at $50.
* ATTEMPTED MURDER/ARREST: Northwestern District -- Police arrested a woman and were holding her pending charges that she attempted to kill a man by stabbing him with a knife during an incident inside a house in the 3900 block of Liberty Heights Ave. Monday. The man was treated at Sinai Hospital for a stab wound of the right chest and admitted.
* STOLEN CAR: Northern District -- A 1986 Cadillac with tags BKN 706 was stolen from the 4800 block of Yellow Wood Ave. Monday.
* BURGLARY: White Marsh Precinct -- Someone entered the Midway Inn in the 12300 block of Pulaski Highway after breaking a window Sunday and stole property of unknown value.
* BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- A safe containing an undisclosed sum of money, and computer equipment were stolen from the GEBCO Insurance Co. in the 8400 block of Harford Road over the weekend.
* BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- Someone entered a house in the 3000 block of Dubois Ave. through a door Monday and stole an undisclosed sum of money from a purse.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $1,000 may be paid for information.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.