Last season, "Beverly Hills, 90210" and "Melrose Place" were paired as a midweek doubleheader. Tonight that experience is re-created, sort of, for one night only, thanks to a quickie "Melrose Place" special pre-empting "Models Inc."
* "The Cosby Mysteries" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., Channel 2) -- You can always count on Bill Cosby when your career is faltering, or when the "CHiPs" are down. Accordingly, Erik Estrada is tonight's guest star. NBC.
* "28th Annual Country Music Association Awards" (8 p.m.-11 p.m., Channel 11) -- Vince Gill, one of the nominees tonight for Entertainer of the Year, is host of this 28th annual event, which is scheduled to feature performances by just about every third musician and singer in Nashville. So many people are involved this year, as nominees as well as performers, that three of the five nominees for Album of the Year are "various artists" -- compilation albums honoring Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys, the Eagles and others. CBS.
* "Beverly Hills, 90210" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., Channel 45) -- Tiffani-Amber Thiessen, as Valerie, continues to spin her web, sleeping with Dylan (Luke Perry) while encouraging a romance with the more innocent Steve (Ian Zerling). This is especially evil since, in two days, Ms. Thiessen will be getting married -- or at least her character of Kelly will, on a new made-for-TV movie version of "Saved By the Bell." Fox.
* "Roseanne" (9 p.m.-9:30 p.m., Channel 13) -- Last week we learned that Darlene (Sara Gilbert), like Valerie on "90210," was seeing two young men at once. This week one of them reveals to Roseanne that Darlene has been doing drugs. ABC.
* "A Day in the Lives of Melrose Place" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., Channel 45) -- Cameras tag along while the cast members go through a "typical" workday. Think of it as Fox's "Melrose Place" meets MTV's "The Real World" -- then, once you've thought of that, avoid this. Fox.
* "Against Her Will: The Carrie Buck Story" (9 p.m.-11 p.m., LIF) -- Melissa Gilbert, already playing an attorney on the new series "Sweet Justice," stars in this new period made-for-TV movie as a law student who defends a woman (played by Marlee Matlin) facing involuntary sterilization.
* "Dream On" (10 p.m.-10:30 p.m., HBO) -- Finola Hughes is hilarious as a neighbor of Martin's, who brings her concept of sexual freedom a little too close to home. Brian Benben stars.