Carson White scored his third goal of the game at the 88:49 mark of the second half, lifting North Carolina State over Maryland, 4-3, in an Atlantic Coast Conference men's soccer game yesterday in Raleigh, N.C.
White pushed a short shot past Terps goalkeeper Russell Payn after a cross from teammate Damon Nahas. The Terrapins (3-2, 0-2) led 3-1 after goals by R. T. Moore and Paul Jacobs in a 55-second span of the opening half.
North Carolina State's Ian Hooper scored later in the first half to make it 3-2. In the second half, Maryland had only one shot on goal.
* Loyola 3, Wisconsin-Green Bay 3, OT: Tom Sander's direct kicwith 1:21 left gave Wisconsin-Green Bay (2-2-2) a tie with Loyola (4-1-1) in the second and final day of the Coca-Cola Classic in Milwaukee. Loyola had taken a 3-2 lead on a goal by Bill Wenek with eight minutes left.
* Mount St. Mary's 3, Marist 0: Sophomore Dan Gaertner (Glenelg) scored two first-half goals to lead Mount St. Mary's (3-2, 1-1) over Marist (0-5, 0-3) in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Gaertner scored unassisted 5:16 into the game and then took a pass from freshman Mark Southern for his second goal with 7:05 left in the half.
* Maryland 3, N.C. State 3, OT: Suzanne Gerrior scored on a penalty kick with 1:43 left in overtime to pull North Carolina State into a tie with host Maryland.
Gerrior scored her third goal of the season to tie the game after she was taken down in the penalty area with nearly 119 minutes elapsed in the game. She netted the penalty kick in the left side of the net while Maryland goalkeeper Missy Price dove to the right.
The Terps (3-1-2) had rallied from a 2-0 deficit with a pair of goals in the final seven minutes of regulation. Michelle Salmon (Old Mill) scored at the 83:16 mark, and senior Randi Goldblatt netted the tying goal at 85:48.
* Loyola 4, Siena 2, OT: Kris Raven scored two goals to lead Loyola (2-3, 1-0) past host Siena (1-2, 0-1), in a Metro Atlantic Conference opener. Loyola goalie Mary Clark set a school single-game record with 19 saves.
* Salisbury State 3, Denison 0: Sue Fatz scored twice and made an assist to secure the tournament title for host Salisbury State (4-1) in the Hampton Inn Invitational. Jen Sites added a goal for the Sea Gulls.
* Maryland 4, Duke 0: Christina DeBow scored two goals in the second half, lifting host Maryland (3-2, 1-0) over Duke (3-2, 0-2).