* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Property valued at more than $200 was stolen from a house in the 1700 block of Abbotston St. Wednesday by someone who opened a basement window.
* THEFT/ARRESTS: Northeastern District -- Police arrested three male juveniles who entered the back yard of a house in the 3800 block of Bonview Ave. Wednesday and stole a pit bull dog and its harness, all valued at $250.
* THEFT: Northern District -- Two bikes worth a total of $134 were stolen from the front yard of a house in the 2500 block of Keyworth Ave. Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Stereo equipment valued at $1,000 was stolen from a house in the 900 block of E. 30th St. yesterday by someone who entered through a front kitchen window.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Two answering machines valued at more than $200 were stolen from a home in the 4400 block of Hickory Ave. Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- A lawn mower valued at more than $300 was stolen from a garage in the 4200 block of Wickford Road Wednesday by someone who entered through a door.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone entered a garage in the 100 block of Upnor Road Wednesday and stole a chain saw valued at nearly $400.
* STOLEN CAR: Northern District -- A 1990 Dodge with tags YKA 084 was stolen Wednesday from the 200 block of E. 25th St.
* ASSAULT/ARREST: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 3100 block of W. Garrison Ave. was in the 3100 block of Sumter Ave. Wednesday when a man struck him with a weight-lifting belt. A suspect was arrested.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Property of unknown value was stolen from an apartment storage room in the 3500 block of Labyrinth Road Wednesday by someone who entered with a pry tool.
* THEFT/ARREST: Western District -- Police arrested a resident of North Fulton Ave. who attempted to leave the Super Pride store in the 2000 block of W. Lafayette Ave. Wednesday without paying for three cans of pepper and 11 bars of soap.
* SHOOTING/ARREST: Western District -- A 23-year-old resident the 100 block of S. Franklintown Road was in the 1700 block of Edmondson Ave. Tuesday when he was shot in the ankle with a small caliber handgun. The victim was treated at Bon Secours Hospital and released. Arrested and charged as an adult with assault was Brandon Harris, 17, of the 1700 block of Edmondson Ave.
* ROBBERY: Western District -- A 6-year-old boy was riding a bike near his home in the 800 block of W. Fayette St. when a 14-year-old boy pushed him to the ground and stole it. The bike was valued at nearly $70.
* STOLEN CAR: Western District -- A 1986 Chevrolet pickup truck with Virginia tags MOW 596 was stolen from the 1900 block of Pulaski St. Wednesday.
* ROBBERY: Garrison Precinct -- A 45-year-old Reisterstown man was robbed of an undisclosed sum Wednesday afternoon by a man he met in the first block of Crossroads Drive in Owings Mills. The robber -- who was known to the victim -- implied that he had a handgun and demanded money, police said.
* BURGLARY: Towson Precinct -- Property of unknown value was stolen from a house in the 100 block of W. Joppa Road Wednesday.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.