* SHOOTING: Eastern District -- A 23-year-old resident of the FTC 1200 block of N. Valley St. was listed today in good condition at Johns Hopkins Hospital after he was shot during an attempted robbery inside a tavern Monday night. When the victim refused to give up his money to a gunman inside a bar in the 400 block of N. Gay St., the gunman shot the victim in the leg. The gunman escaped.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- A vacuum cleaner valued at more than $100 was stolen from a house in the 3400 block of Old York Road Monday by someone who entered through a second floor window.
* BURGLARY: Northern District -- A gas-operated self-propelled lawnmower valued at more than $300 was stolen from a storage shed in the 5600 block of Northwood Drive between Sept. 3 and Sept. 12.
* THEFT: Northern District -- Someone entered Union Memorial Hospital Monday and stole a purse containing money and an ATM card.
* BURGLARY: White Marsh Precinct -- Someone forced open four storage trailers outside the Kmart store in the 7900 block of Belair Road either Sunday or Monday and reportedly stole more than $6,000 worth of clothing, barbecue grills and other property.
* BURGLARY: Essex Precinct -- Someone entered Mother's Place in the 500 block of S. Marlyn Ave. Monday morning through the front door and reportedly stole more than $100.
* THEFT: Essex Precinct -- More than $100 was stolen from a desk drawer at the Blue Heron Inn in the 800 block of Bowleys Quarters Road over the weekend.
* ROBBERY: Towson Precinct -- An unarmed man robbed a 21-year-old Towson-area man of $80 and his car keys after he withdrew some money from a 24-hour teller machine at a bank in the 6700 block of York Road Monday night.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.