The Baltimore Symphony Orchestra's Saturday Youth Concert series has received a three-year grant of $105,000 from the Ensign C. Markland Kelly Jr. Memorial Foundation.
Last year, more than 100,000 children attended BSO educational and family programs. "Make Friends with Music," a series aimed at children ages 3 to 7, and "Music for Youth," for children ages 7 to 12, are scheduled for Saturday mornings in the Joseph Meyerhoff Symphony Hall.
The Cultural Arts Institute recently received $5,000 from the USF&G; Foundation to support its after-school arts-in-education program, which benefits children in city schools. This program will serve eight elementary and middle schools for the 1994-1995 school year. The institute also offers an arts program as part of the curriculum of St. Mary of the Assumption School in Govans.
* The Musical Theatre Machine will hold auditions for company members at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 19-20 at F. Scott Black's Towson Dinner Theatre, 100 E. Chesapeake Ave. Actors should prepare a song, bring sheet music, and be prepared to dance. Readings xTC will be held at a later date. For details, call (410) 825-2554.
* The Timonium Dinner Theatre will hold auditions for its holiday production of "Here's Love," the musical version of "Miracle on 34th Street," at 7 p.m. Sept. 19-20 at the theater, 9603 Deereco Road. The production, directed by Roger Siskey, needs singers, dancers and actors of varying ages. Those auditioning should prepare a song and be ready to dance. For details, call (410) 560-1113.
* Auditions for the Vagabond Players' productions of the musicals "Falsettos" and "Weird Romances" are scheduled for 7:30 p.m. tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday at the theater, 806 S. Broadway in Fells Point. The productions, directed by Terry Long, require a total of eight men and six women ages 20 to 45 and one boy who can play a 13-year-old. Those auditioning for "Falsettos" should bring a ballad and an up-tempo song. A ballad and rock song are required for "Weird Romances." For details, call (410) 366-0396.
* High school-age ballet dancers at high intermediate and advanced levels can audition for parts in a ballet choreographed by Christopher d'Amboise at 4:30 p.m. Friday in the Todd Dance Studio on the campus of Goucher College. Selected dancers will participate in the Goucher College Fall Dance Concert, Nov. 17-19, as well as in free ballet classes taught by Mr. d'Amboise during his 10-day residency at the college in September. Mr. d'Amboise was formerly a principal dancer with the New York City Ballet and director of the Pennsylvania Ballet. For details, call (410) 337-6390.
* Auditions for the Moonlight Troupers' November production of "Hello, Dolly!" are scheduled for 7 p.m. tomorrow and Tuesday in the Pascal Center for the Performing Arts at Anne Arundel Community College, 101 College Parkway. Auditioners should prepare a song, bring the sheet music and come prepared to dance. The director is Robert E. Kauffman. For details, call (410) 541-2457.
* Impossible Industrial Action theater company is looking for an experienced stage manager for its October production. For details, call Jill Vandewoestine at (410) 467-9352.
* Auditions for "Canterbury Tales, the Musical" are scheduled from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday and 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Wednesday in Room 336 of the Humanities and Arts Building at Essex Community College. The October production, directed by F. Scott Black, calls for actors, singers and dancers. For details, call (410) 780-6520.