1. Orion Homes has opened The Severn model, one of six houses in its Chesapeake Collection, at Thornton Woods in Columbia, in Howard County, where the company is building 18 single-family houses on quarter-acre lots.
With 1,700 square feet of finished space and a base price of $188,000, the Severn is the smallest and least expensive house Orion is offering at Thornton Woods.
The two-story entry foyer leads to a 12-by-11-foot living room on the left and an 11-by-10-foot dining room on the right.
At the back of the house there is a 15-by-11-foot family room, breakfast room, kitchen and powder room.
The second-floor master suite has a 12-by-15-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and full bath. Three more bedrooms, a full hall bath and a linen closet complete this level.
The largest and most expensive home Orion is offering at Thornton Woods is the Chestertown, which has 2,600 square feet of living area and a starting price of $234,900.
A two-story foyer is flanked by a 13-by-11-foot living room on the left and an 11-by-11-foot dining room on the right.
Upstairs the master suite had his and her walk-in closets, a 16-by-15-foot bedroom, and bath with a tub, dual vanities, linen closet and toilet with privacy door.
The Patuxent is a 2,400-square-foot home with a beginning price $229,900. The first floor includes a 14-by-13-foot living room, 13-by-12-foot dining room, 18-by-12-foot family room, kitchen, coat closet, laundry and powder rooms and two-car garage.
* Builder: Orion Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 381-5050.
* Developer: Land Design & Development.
* Base prices: $188,900 to $234,900.
* Style: Traditional.
* Number of homes: 18.
* Lot sizes: Quarter-acre.
* Square-footage: 1,700 to 2,600.
* Options: Master bath with soaking tub, dual vanities and separate shower ($1,950), wood-burning fireplace ($3,000), hardwood floors, two-car garage for Severn ($5,000).
Waldon Development Corp. has begun pre-construction sales at Marsh Harbour Townhouse Condominiums & Yacht Club near West Ocean City in Worcester County, where the company will build 36 townhouse condominiums and a yacht club. The townhomes will be designed to resemble a Nantucket fishing village and each unit will come with a deep water slip that will accommodate boats up to 50 feet in length.
Each two-story home will have a double-car garage and from 2,200 to 2,400 square feet of finished living area. Prices will range from $275,000 to $280,000.
* Builder: Waldon Development Corp.
* Phone number: (800) 638-2102
* Developer: Marsh Harbour Joint Venture.
* Base prices: $275,000 to $280,000.
* Style: Two-level townhome condominiums.
* Number of homes: 36.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 2,200 to 2,400.
Please send notices of new models, new construction or proposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate Section, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore, Md. 21278 or fax the information to 783-2517