* STOLEN DOG: Western District -- A pit bull valued at $900 was stolen from a residence in the 2300 block of W. Fayette St. Monday.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- A mountain bike valued at more than $100 and 20 cassette tapes valued at nearly $150 were stolen Tuesday from a house in the 7300 block of Mallory Court.
* THEFT: Northeastern District -- Police were seeking a man known as "James" who tricked a resident of the 5000 block of Erdman Ave. into giving him $600 Tuesday. "James" passed himself off as the person who was to receive the money.
* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 6000 block of Park Heights Ave. was walking near her home Tuesday when a man who implied he had a handgun stole her purse containing cash and property, valued at $25.
* ASSAULT: Northern District -- A resident of the 400 block of Maryland Ave. in eastern Baltimore County was in his car and talking to two women in the 600 block of McCabe Ave. yesterday when someone fired at least one shot at him. The man sped off and flagged down a police officer. It was determined that one shot hit the car's rear door.
* ROBBERY: Northern District -- A woman was getting out of a car near her home in the 5600 block of South Bend Road Tuesday when a gunman riding a bike robbed her of $75 and her keys.
* STOLEN CAR: Towson Precinct -- A 1989 Chevrolet Cavalier with Maryland tags ACP 997 and owned by a police officer was stolen from the 6600 block of English Oak Road Tuesday. The officer's nightstick and handcuffs were in the car.
* BURGLARY: White Marsh Precinct -- Two Suzuki four-wheel all-terrain vehicles valued at $5,000 were stolen Tuesday from Surf & Turf Cycle in the 12200 block of Pulaski Highway.
* THEFT:Bel Air -- Two credit cards were stolen from an unlocked car in the 1300 block of Fordham Court Tuesday.
* THEFT: Bel Air -- A stereo radio and a speaker, all valued at more than $70, were stolen Tuesday from a car parked in the 2200 block of Byrnes Court.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore and Harford counties, reported by Richard Irwin.