Capital Gazette wins special Pulitzer Prize citation for coverage of newsroom shooting that killed five

Cutting torch sparks fire in moving van

THE BALTIMORE SUN

A fire, apparently started by a welder's cutting torch, spread inside a moving van at a Westminster repair shop and destroyed a load of furniture and other household items about 5:45 p.m. yesterday.

The trailer was at the Bare Truck Center, in the 800 block of Baltimore Blvd., to have the front support braces replaced and other repairs made, according to a fire department representative.

Firefighters from Westminster and Reese extinguished the blaze and then began unloading the furniture from the National Van Lines Inc. trailer to prevent another fire inside the van. The volunteers had to work in shifts inside the trailer because it was so hot.

Traffic was not interrupted on adjacent Route 140 during the evening rush hour.

Damage was estimated at about $5,000 for the contents and $2,000 to the trailer, fire officials said.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad
66°