* BURGLARY: Northern District -- Someone pried open the door to a temporary employment office in the 5900 block of York Road Saturday or yesterday and stole a combination television and video recorder, a fax machine and other equipment valued at $1,205.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone broke into a home in the 2900 block of Ridgewood Ave. early Saturday evening and stole a color television. The intruder entered through a basement window and left through a back door.
* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Someone pried open the door to a second-floor apartment in the 3800 block of Barrington Road late Saturday night or early yesterday. A television, video recorder, cash and jewelry were reported taken.
* STABBING: Northwestern District -- A 27-year-old woman was slashed in the legs around 3 a.m. yesterday in her home in the 2900 block of Springhill Road, and another woman was arrested on assault and weapon charges. Police said the victim's father took her to Sinai Hospital, where she was treated and released. ** Charged in the case was Cheryl Ashley, 32, of the 4400 block of Groveland Ave.
* STABBING: Northwestern District -- A 40-year-old man told Sinai Hospital officials that he walked there from the 5100 block of Park Heights Ave. at 4:30 a.m. Saturday after an unknown attacker slashed him in the upper abdomen. The victim, of the 3900 block of W. Northern Parkway, told authorities he had been drinking and had little information on the assault. He was admitted for observation.
* THEFT: Central District -- Someone broke into a Ford van parked in the second level of a parking garage in the 200 block of E. Pratt St. and stole $20,700 worth of camera equipment. The break-in occurred between 4:30 p.m. Saturday and 1 p.m. yesterday.
* CARJACKING: Central District -- A man walked up to a 1992 Chevrolet as it was being parked in the 100 block of W. North Ave. about 6:50 a.m. yesterday, pointed a handgun at the driver, took his wallet and ordered him to drive to an automated teller machine in the 200 block of Linden Avenue. The victim fled on foot when the robber got out of the car on Linden Avenue.
* PURSE-SNATCHING: Eastern District -- A woman reported that her purse was snatched while she was walking in the 2300 block of E. Monument St. about 12:25 p.m. yesterday. She said the thief ran up to her, grabbed the purse, which contained $20, and fled on foot.
* BURGLARY: Eastern District -- Someone entered a house in the 1700 block of E. North Ave. through an unlocked door and took a television set and videocassette recorder valued at $400. The break-in occurred between 5 p.m. Saturday and 8 a.m. yesterday.
* BURGLARY: Eastern District -- Someone broke in through the kitchen window of a home in the 700 block of N. Streeper St. and stole a color television set valued at $105. The theft occurred between 11:30 p.m. Saturday and 8:25 a.m. yesterday.
* BURGLARY: Woodlawn Precinct -- Police arrested Thomas Markline, 24, no fixed address, and charged him with burglary in connection with a break-in early yesterday in the first block of Albess Court. A television and video recorder were taken from the apartment.
* BURGLARY: Woodlawn Precinct -- Someone broke into an apartment in the 7100 block of Rolling Bend Road yesterday morning and stole a television and video recorder.
* STOLEN CAR: Towson Precinct -- A 1993 Honda Accord was reported stolen Saturday from the 1500 block of Cottage Lane.
* BURGLARY: Cockeysville Precinct -- Police responding to an alarm at 12:30 a.m. Saturday at a liquor store in the first block of W. Ridgely Road found the front glass door broken. About 85 cartons of cigarettes were reported missing.
* ATTEMPTED RAPE: White Marsh Precinct -- A 27-year-old Dundalk man was arrested yesterday and charged with attempted rape of a Parkville woman who jumped out of a car driving toward Baltimore in the 7600 block of Pulaski Highway around 4 a.m. A passerby stopped and took the woman to Franklin Square Hospital, where she was treated and released. The suspect, identified by police as John Meninger of the 3700 block of Edgewater Place, was held at the White Marsh Precinct in lieu of $50,000 bail.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Andrea F. Siegel and Dennis O'Brien.