1.Pulte Home Corp. has opened a model of the Jefferson, one of two homes the company is building at The Preserve at Worthington in western Baltimore County. Pulte will build 47 single-family homes on cul-de-sac lots of one-fifth to one-quarter of an acre.
Traditional style homes with colonial trim, the houses will have an unfinished basement and polished brass bathroom fixtures,
The Jefferson has 2,422 square feet of living space and a base price of $229,990. A 26-by-12-foot living room and a 13-by-11-foot family room flank the two-story hardwood foyer.
A 6-by-6-foot laundry room, powder room, kitchen and breakfast room, both 13 by 8 feet, and a two-car garage complete the first floor.
Upstairs the master suite has a 16-by-12-foot bedroom, walk-in closet, and a bath with a soaking tub, separate shower and dual vanities. Three additional bedrooms and a full hall bath are also found on the second floor. Buyers can add an optional fifth bedroom.
The second home Pulte will build at The Preserve is the Chaucer which has a starting price of $219,490 for 2,296 square feet. The two-story entry foyer leads to a powder room on the left and a 14-by-11-foot living room on the right. The first floor also has a 13-by-17-foot family room, 9-by-15-foot kitchen with center work island, 10-by-15-foot breakfast nook, 10-by-13-foot dining room and two-car garage.
The second floor has a master suite with a 17-by-15-foot bedroom, walk-in closet, bath with a tub, and dual vanities. There are three more bedrooms and a second full bath.
The Preserve sales center is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily and by appointment after 6 p.m. Take I-795 to Owings Mill Boulevard East to a right on Bond Avenue to the sales office on the right.
* Builder: Pulte Home Corp.
* Phone number: (410) 526-3503.
* Developer: Pulte Home Corp.
* Base prices: $219,990 to $229,990.
* Style: Traditional.
* Number of homes: 47.
* Lot sizes: One-fifth to one-quarter of an acre.
* Square-footage: 2,300 to 2,600.
* Options: Fifth bedroom ($2,650), library ($1,650), sitting room ($750), masonry fireplace ($5,950), hardwood floors in dining and living rooms ($2,750 to $4,250), bay windows ($2,095 to $2,650), walk-out basement ($2,900), designer master bath in Chaucer with soaking tub, separate shower and dual vanities ($3,795).
1. Ambassador Homes is building three different three-story townhouse "villas" at Springleaf at Orchard Club in Elkridge in Howard County.
All three levels of the back-to-back condominium townhouses are above ground. There are no basements or backyards. The homes have brick and vinyl exteriors and gas heat. Gas fireplaces are available as an option in the living room or master bedroom.
A swimming pool, playground and picnic area are being built. In addition to the recreational facilities, the condominium fee of $80 a month covers all exterior ground and building maintenance, snow removal and water and sewer costs.
The picnic area and playground will be adjacent to a three-acre wooded site with a stream.
The three homes have almost identical first and second floors. They differ mostly in the size of the third-level master suite.
Each home has a 12-by-11-foot living room, 9-by-9-foot dining room and 8-by-8 foot kitchen on the entrance level.
The middle floor contains two bedrooms and a full bath. Buyers have the option of converting this floor into a second master suite.
The Amber 2 has 1,246 square feet and a base price of $97,990. The third-floor master suite has a 12-by-11-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and full bath. A laundry/utility room is also on this level.
For $101,900 the Amber 3 provides 1,300 square feet of living area. The extra space is placed in the third-floor bedroom, which is 11 by 14 feet.
An end-of-group house with a side entry, the Briarleigh has a starting price of $103,990 and 1,320 square feet. The master bedroom expands to 14 by 13 feet.
A special financing arrangement will allow some first-time homebuyers to move in for $1,000 down.
The sales center is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Take I-695 to Route 1 South to a right on Montgomery Road to a left on Rowanberry Drive to the information center on right.
* Builder: Ambassador Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 796-4710.
* Developer: ODC Club II Inc.
* Base prices: $97,990 to $103,990.
* Style: Back-to-back townhomes.
* Number of homes: 74.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
* Square-footage: 1,246 to 1,320.
* Options: Powder room ($1,950), dual master suite ($1,350), skylight ($1,130), security system ($595), gas fireplace ($3,590), cathedral ceiling in master bedroom ($1,475), master bath with soaking tub and double vanity ($975.)