Stop me if you've heard this one: Tonight, cable has more interesting stuff to watch than broadcast TV. I knew you'd stop me -- but hey, it's not my fault. During rerun season, deja vu is hard to avoid.
* "The Goodwill Games" (1 p.m.-2 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13; 8:05 p.m.-12:05 a.m., TBS) -- From today until Aug. 7, Ted Turner's third consecutive Goodwill Games will be held. Launched as an alternative to the Olympics and broadcast from St. Petersburg, Russia, these games have a slightly different tone now that the Cold War has thawed. ABC is broadcasting an hour's worth of coverage today. Events on tap include swimming, weightlifting, basketball, volleyball and boxing. ABC.
* "37th Annual America's Junior Miss Pageant" (8 p.m.-9:30 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- Even if your name isn't Junior, take the advice in the rest of the title: Miss pageant. NBC.
* "Tales From the Crypt" (11 p.m.-midnight, WBFF, Channel 45) -- The first of tonight's two shows is the better one, and stars Mimi Rogers as a ruthless fashion model who sinks to murder to make a killing as a fashion plate. Fox repeat.
* "Saturday Night Live" (11:30 p.m.-1 a.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- When Shannen Doherty was host of this show, she had just gotten married. Now the show's being rerun, but her marriage, in show business parlance, already is in turnaround. The musical guest is the group Cypress Hill -- which, so far as I know, is still together. NBC repeat.
* "10th Annual TCA Awards" (6 p.m.-7 p.m., E!) -- Because this telecast occurs one day after the Television Critics Association event, the winners are no longer secret -- so I can reveal one winner -- the career achievement award goes to a man who used to be seen not on Saturday night, but on "Sunday Morning": Charles Kuralt.
* "Doomsday Gun" (8 p.m.-9:50 p.m., HBO) -- Frank Langella turns in a strong and complex performance as Gerald Bull, designer of the so-called "supergun," and Alan Arkin and Kevin Spacey match him stride for stride. HBO docudramas get a bit more praise than they deserve, but this one's solid from start to finish.