* SHOOTING: Southwestern District -- A 9-year-old boy was slightly injured Thursday when a bullet struck him as he stood on the front porch of a house in the 2800 block of Riggs Ave. The boy, who lives a block away, was playing on the front porch of a neighbor's house around 8:30 p.m. when someone fired a shot, grazing the child in the right thigh. The child was taken to St. Agnes Hospital and was listed in good condition. A search for the gunman did not turn up a suspect.
* SHOOTING: Southwestern District -- A man was standing with friends in the 4100 block of Frederick Ave. early today when he was shot in the right shoulder by one of three men who approached the group. The victim was taken to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center and listed in good condition. The gunman escaped.
* SHOOTING: Eastern District -- A man was arguing with two men in the 1200 block of N. Collington Ave. early today when the men pulled out guns and shot him in the head, chest and back. The victim was in serious condition at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
* ROBBERY: Northwestern District -- A resident of the 900 block of Argonne Drive was in the 3500 block of Virginia Ave. Thursday when she was struck by a man who stole her purse.
* STOLEN CAR: Northwestern District -- A blue 1990 Honda Civic with Maryland tags AGE 832 was stolen from the 6500 block of Reisterstown Road Thursday.
* STOLEN CAR: Northwestern District -- Someone stole a green two-door 1993 Ford Escort with Maryland tags NPC 095 from the 4000 block of Pinkney Road Thursday.
* ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- Two men robbed another man of his pager and $20 in the 2400 block of E. Northern Parkway Thursday.
* ROBBERY: Essex Precinct -- Police were seeking a woman who robbed a disabled man of $100 Thursday in his home in the 1400 block of Hadwick Drive. The victim was talking on the phone when the woman, reportedly known by the man, entered and stole the money from the man's pants pockets. The woman also took a set of keys and drove away in the victim's car.
* BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- Someone entered a garage in the 3900 block of Putty Hill Ave. Thursday and stole a chain saw, leaf blower and other property, all valued at more than $1,000.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.