* BURGLARY: Northwestern District -- Tools valued at more than $200 were stolen from Paje Design in the 5200 block of Fairlawn Ave. by someone who entered through an exhaust vent. Someone stole tools and an alarm system, all valued at more than $4,000, from Modern Laminates, a business in the same building.
* THEFT: Northeastern District -- A stereo equalizer valued at more than $400 was stolen from a house in the 3400 block of Lyndale Ave. Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Northeastern District -- Property valued at $500 was stolen from a house in the 3300 block of Chesley Ave. Wednesday.
* ASSAULT: Northeastern District -- Police were seeking several males who attacked a man in the 4800 block of Truesdale Ave. Wednesday, striking him several times in the face. The victim was treated at the Bayview Medical Center.
* THEFT: Northeastern District -- Ninety cartons of cigarettes valued at more than $1,000 were stolen from a GMC truck parked in the 4500 block of Erdman Ave. Tuesday.
* ROBBERY: Northeastern District -- A woman was in the 1400 block of Exeter Hall Road Wednesday when a gunman robbed her of money and clothing, all of unknown value.
* OFFICER ASSAULTED/SEARCH: Garrison Precinct -- A privately hired security guard was assaulted early Thursday by a man suspected of attempting to steal a car near Radio Tower Drive and Stevenson Road. The man attempted to stab the unidentified guard in the chest with a knife about 12:30 a.m. but the guard's bullet-resistant vest prevented the blade from penetrating his body. The man fled. Later, a state police helicopter and two dog units searched the heavily wooded area and around 4 a.m. the suspect was spotted. The dog was unleashed to track the man down but lost him. Residents hired the guard after several auto thefts and other incidents.
* BURGLARY/ARREST: Wilkens Precinct -- Police arrested a 23-year-old man who broke into a house in the 3000 block of Bero Road in Riverview Wednesday and stole seven bottles of soft drinks valued at nearly $4.
* BURGLARY: Wilkens Precinct -- Property valued at more than $3,000 was stolen from a house in the 600 block of Plymouth Road in Catonsville Wednesday.
* BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- A grinder, drill bits, power mitre and other tools, all valued at more than $400, were stolen from a garage in the 11800 block of Harford Road in Glenarm on July 4.
* BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- Two houses in the 2800 block of Robern Ave. were entered Wednesday. An intruder stole a computer game, compact disc and jewelry from one house. A compact disc player valued at $200 was stolen from the other house.
* BURGLARY: Parkville Precinct -- A mountain bike valued at nearly $400 was stolen from a house in the 8900 block of Satyr Hill Road Wednesday.
METRO CRIME STOPPERS
* CALL IN TIPS: Readers with information on these or other crimes can call Metro Crime Stoppers' confidential 24-hour hot line, 276-8888. Names are not taken, calls are not recorded and rewards of up to $1,000 may be paid for information.
Police Blotter is a representative, not comprehensive, list of crimes in Baltimore City and Baltimore County, reported by Richard Irwin.