1. Berkshire Homes of Towson and Williamsburg Builders of Columbia are building model homes in Russett, the 613-acre planned community at Route 198 and the Baltimore-Washington Parkway in northwestern Anne Arundel County.
Single-family homes at Russett have a starting price ranging from the $180,000s to more than $320,000. The base price for townhomes is $130,000 to $140,000. The only condominiums in the community begin in the $90,000s.
Buzzuto Homes, Hallmark Builders, Miller & Smith, NVHomes, Patriot Homes, Richmond America, Ryan Homes and Trafalgar House Residential are the other companies building homes in Russett.
One-third of Russett's acreage will be retained as a nature area.
Amenities include three swimming pools around a $500,000 bathhouse and six lighted tennis courts. Plans call for a community center, health club, day-care center and a branch of the Anne Arundel County library to be built.
Berkshire Homes is building five different houses at Russett. The smallest is the Wellesley, which has 2,300 square feet and a starting price of $243,500.
The first floor has a two-story foyer, powder room, laundry area, two-car garage, 14-by-12-foot living room, 12-by-11-foot dining room, 11-by-9-foot kitchen, 11-by-9-foot breakfast nook and a 12-by-9-foot family room that comes with a wood-burning fire place as standard equipment.
The second floor houses a master suite with a 15-by-15-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and bath with a soaking tub, separate shower and dual vanities. Three more bedrooms and a full hall bath complete this level.
With 3,000 square feet and a base price of $274,500, the Homewood is Berkshire's most expensive home at Russett. A 12-by-11-foot library and a 15-by-13-foot living room flank the two-level foyer. A 13-by-12 dining room, 13-by-11-foot U-shaped kitchen with pantry, 11-by-10-foot breakfast nook, 18-by-15-foot family room with standard wood-burning fireplace, powder and laundry rooms and a two-car garage complete the first floor.
Upstairs, the master suite has a 20-by-15-foot bedroom, 13-by-11-foot sitting room, walk-in closet and bath with a separate shower, soaking tub and dual vanities. There are three additional bedrooms and a full hall bath with a linen closet.
Berkshire is also offering the Amberly with 2,400 square feet and a starting price of $248,500, the Brandywine beginning at $258,500 for 2,600 square feet and the Cambridge with 2,800 square feet for $268,500.
* Builder: Berkshire Homes.
* Phone number: (410) 792-0800 or (301) 470-0080.
* Base price: $243,500.
* Style: Traditional and transitional.
* Number of homes: 61.
* Lot sizes: One-sixth acre.
* Square-footage: 2,300 to 3,000.
* Options: Brick front (from $6,500), front porch ($4,000), cathedral ceiling ($750), two skylights ($1,350), rough-in for full bath in basement ($450), fifth bedroom in Homewood ($750), fifth bedroom in Amberly, Brandywine and Cambridge ($6,500), brick masonry fireplace ($4,700).
Williamsburg Builders will bring custom-built homes to Russett. To be built on lots overlooking Oxbow Lake and nature areas, these American Colonial homes will have a minimum of four bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths and a two-car garage.
The seven different homes will such standard features as hand-molded brick, beaded siding, authentic dormers, hardwood flooring milled from old beams, maple cabinets, chair rails and a fireplace.
* Builder: Williamsburg Builders.
* Phone number: (301) 317-0444.
* Base price: $320,000.
* Style: Colonial.
* Options: Three-car garage, computerized temperature regulation system.
Willows of Crofton
2. Chateau Builders has opened a fully decorated model of the Dayton, a traditional single-family home with 2,600 square feet of living area and a starting price of $262,990 in Section II of the
Willows of Crofton in southwestern Anne Arundel County, where the company is building 77 homes.
A two-story hardwood entry foyer is flanked by a 12-by-14-foot living room on the left and a 12-by-14-foot dining room on the right. The first floor also has a 12-by-10-foot den, powder room, 14-by-17-foot family room with a wood-burning or gas fireplace, 9-by-10-foot breakfast room, kitchen, laundry/mud room and two car garage.
The second floor has a 16-by-14-foot master suite with cathedral ceilings, his and hers walk-in closets, a separate shower, soaking tub and dual vanities. The house has three more bedrooms and a full hall bath. The fourth bedroom can be changed into an optional sitting room for the master suite.
The sales center is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Take I-97 South to Route 3 South to a left on Route 450 and go about one mile to the entrance on the left.
* Builder: Chateau Builders.
* Phone number: (410) 793-0707.
* Developer: Chateau Builders.
* Base prices: $262,990.
* Style: Traditional.
* Number of homes: 77.
* Lot sizes: One-fifth acre.
* Square-footage: 2,600.
* Options: Sitting room off master bedroom ($315), two-story bowed window in master bedroom and family room ($3,905), finished basement with 33-by-12-recreation room and full bath ($7,135).
Please send notices of new models, new construction or proposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate Section, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore 21278, or fax the information to 783-2517.