Leaving aside O. J. Simpson preliminary hearing coverage (I'm bypassing O. J., OK?), there's still an above-average selection of watchable offerings on TV tonight.
* "Live From Lincoln Center" (8 p.m.-10 p.m., WMPT, Channels 22 and 67) -- This marks the 28th season of the Mostly Mozart Festival, a welcome summer breeze of concerts devoted to -- well, mostly to Mozart, but tonight to Tchaikovsky, Gluck and Haydn also. Headliners are pianist Shura Cherkassky, soprano Korliss Uecker and baritone Thomas Hampson. PBS.
* "Beverly Hills, 90210" (8 p.m.-9 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- This is a repeat from 1991, back when Brenda (Shannen Doherty) and Dylan (Luke Perry) were an item -- and the cast members looked only five years too old for their roles. Fox.
* "The Critic" (8:30 p.m.-9 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Jay the critic (voiced by Jon Lovitz) is voted the country's wittiest man -- based, one presumes, on more evidence than the lines he's been given in this slowly improving, but still underachieving, animated sitcom. ABC.
* "Good Advice" (8:30 p.m.-9 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- Wendie Malick, who plays Martin Tupper's ex-wife on "Dream On," already has guest-starred this season on "NYPD Blue" and several other shows -- and tonight she notches another, playing a PTA member in this first-run, second-tier sitcom. CBS.
* "Home Improvement" (9 p.m.-9:30 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Speaking of guest stars: Tonight's guest star on this "Home Improvement" repeat is Robert Picardo, a "China Beach" regular who also played the gym teacher on "The Wonder Years." Here, he plays Tim's new neighbor -- one whose face we do get to see. ABC.
* "Models Inc." (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- "We're not usually this self-absorbed," one model said to another in last week's 90-minute premiere, which was so stilted and cluttered, it should have been called "Exposition Inc." But Aaron Spelling and his producers have a way of turning up the heat in their prime-time sitcoms -- although they should have been more patient with last summer's "2000 Malibu Road." Besides, with so little first-run competition, this show will get viewers, and media buzz, almost by default. Fox.
* "Dream On" (10 p.m.-10:30 p.m., HBO) -- Finola Hughes, formerly of "General Hospital," guest stars as a prostitute who sets up shop in the apartment next to Martin.
* "The Larry Sanders Show" (10:30 p.m.-11 p.m., HBO) -- Warren Frost of "Twin Peaks" guest stars, in the plum role of Larry's dad. Garry Shandling stars.