* Ernst & Young will sponsor a showing of 30 emerging high technology companies searching for venture capital during the Greater Washington Venture Capital Conference July 14 at the Bethesda Hyatt Regency.
* Linda J. Jordon, an executive assistant with the Maryland Port Administration, has been named to the mayor's commission to save the USF Constellation.
New accounts & contracts
* B&T; Professional Services of Columbia was named an advertising specialty distributor for Newton Manufacturing Co.
* The Traffic Group, based in Towson, received contracts from the U.S. Army to conduct a transportation master plan for Fort Meade and for engineering services from Virginia Commonwealth University.
Maryland Media Associates was chosen as agency of record for Cuisine Catering.
* Cameron Berry Marketing Communications was named to implement public relations and marketing strategy for the Hannah More School.
Open for business
* KRP Consultants, a PC-based consulting firm, opened in Ellicott City. They specialize in data-base consulting, training and public relations.
* Public Relations Society of America, Maryland chapter awarded the Adam Sandler agency "Best In Maryland" awards in the Marketing Communications and Pro Bono programs categories. Andrea Kehoe of Sandler received the PR Rookie of the Year award.
* Colene Y. Daniel, a vice president in the Johns Hopkins Hospital and Health System, was named Young Executive of the Year by the National Association of Health Services Executives.
* National Asphalt Pavement Association inducted Dryden Oil Co. as a member.
* American Spice Trade Association has elected Albert F. Goetze III as its president.