* Crown Books, the Landover-based national book store chain, appointed Steve Stevens as executive vice president and general merchandise manager.
* William M. Mercer Inc., benefits and human resources consultants, has added Steven P. Seltz to its mid-Atlantic compensation consulting practice group.
* Maryland Associates for Dyslexic Adults & Youth has chosen Nadine Weinstein executive director.
Advertising and PR
* Richardson, Myers & Donofrio has selected Lee St. James senior vice president and associate creative director.
* W. B. Doner & Co. named Andy Malis account supervisor/vice president and Tracy Huff and Evonne Courtney as account executives.
* Image Dynamics appointed Jarrod S. Walpert an assistant account executive.
* Ferris, Baker Watts announced the appointments of Douglas M. Schmidt senior vice president, investment banking, and Liam D. Burke as a vice president.
* Taneytown Bank& Trust named William E. Jenne to its small business support staff.
* Morgan Financial Group has added Bruce A. Kaufmann, a retirement and estate planning specialist to its staff.
Legal and insurance
* USF&G; Corp. appointed Harry N. Stout president of its Thomas Jefferson Life subsidiary.
* Lord & Whip P.A. has admitted George L. Huber, Jr. as a member of the firm.
* Greiner Inc. appointed C. Stephen Weber and Susan Punthrangkul to its Timonium office as mechanical engineers.
* Pikesville Nursing & Convalescent Center named Julie Brandt admissions coordinator.
* Vision Associates announced that Dr. Tim Barr has joined the Bel Air-based optometric practice Commercial real estate
Commerical real estate
* The Time Group appointed Edward G. McCoy to manage its Ashburton Properties; Wabash Manor Apartments and Sequoia Manor Apartments.