1. GYC Builders and Williamsburg Builders have introduced two new single-family homes at Wellington in Glenwood, in Howard County, where Section 1 will include 17 homes on three-acre lots. The community is being developed by Security Development.
The sales center is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Tuesday.
GYC's new offering is the Huntington House II, a two-story traditional home with 3,000 square feet and a base price of $369,900.
You enter the Huntington through a two-level foyer that is flanked by the 11-by-10-foot library on the left and the 14-by-13-foot living room on the right. A 16-by-14-foot sun room is off the living room and the 15-by-14-foot dining room.
A 22-by-12-foot kitchen with a center cooking island, a 19-by-13-foot step-down family room with a New England reproduction fireplace and mantel, a powder room and a side-entry two-car garage complete the first floor.
Upstairs the master suite has an 18-by-14-foot bedroom, walk-in closet and bath with his and her vanities, oversized tub and separate shower. A laundry room, three additional bedrooms and a full hall bath complete this level.
Standard features include an unfinished basement, Colonial -Z stairway with oak newels, treads and railings, six-panel interior doors and crown molding and chair rails in the living room, dining room, library and foyer.
Builder: GYC Builders.
Phone number: (410) 489-9331.
* Base price: $369,900.
* Style: Colonial.
* Square-footage: 3,000.
* Options: Skylights ($800), bay window ($1,900), Corian kitchen counters with porcelain sink ($3,210).
Williamsburg Builders has opened a model of the William Kendal a 3,000-square-foot traditional home with a starting price of $391,999.
The two-story foyer of the William Kendal is flanked by a 14-by-12-foot library and a 15-by-16-foot living room, which leads to the 12-by-15-foot sun room.
A kitchen, breakfast room, 15-by-13 foot dining room, 19-by-14-foot family room, laundry and powder rooms, and a side-entry two-car garage are also found on the first level.
The master suite has a 15-by-14-foot bedroom, walk-in closet, dual vanities, soaking tub and separate shower. The second floor also has three more bedrooms and a second full bath.
An unfinished basement, two-zone heating and air conditioning, wiring for cable TV and telephones, and 9-foot first-floor ceilings are some of the standard features found in the William Kendal.
* Builder: Williamsburg Builders.
* Phone number: (410) 489-9331.
* Base price: $391,999.
* Style: Traditional.
* Square-footage: 3,000.
* Options: Cedar shake roof ($5,600), six-foot family room extension ($7,500), skylight ($550).
2. Hillmark Homes is building five different townhome models at Deerborne Townhomes in Rossville in Baltimore County, where the company will build 49 houses.
Each house has a base price of $99,990 for 1,920 square feet of living space.
The entry foyer of the Devon is adjacent to the 11-by-12-foot front kitchen. There is a 19-by-18-foot living/dining room combination.
The second floor can have two master bedrooms with the larger being 16 by 11 feet, the smaller 13 by 14 feet. In the three-bedroom layout the master bedroom is 13 by 14 feet.
A laundry room is in the unfinished basement of the Devon. A recreation room, den and bath with shower are optional.
You enter the Andover through the lower level, which has an 18-by-15-foot family room and a laundry. A fourth bedroom and a shower bath can be added to this floor.
The first floor has a 16-by-12-foot front kitchen and 19-by-18-foot dining/living room combo. The second floor can have two master bedrooms or three bedrooms.
A more traditional 19-by-11-foot rear kitchen is found in the Carlyle, an end unit with a side entry that can be flanked by optional double angled bay windows.
The first floor also has a powder room, dining room and 19-foot-wide living room. A laundry room is on the second floor, with a full bath and two or three bedrooms.
Entry to the Bolton is also through the lower level, which has an 18-by-15-foot family room. A fourth bedroom, recreation room and shower bath can be added. The first floor has a 19-by-12-foot kitchen with pantry and a 16-by-19-foot living/dining combination.
The entry foyer in the Elliot leads to the 16-by-19-foot living/dining combo. There is also a 19-by-12-foot kitchen with pantry.
The sales center at Deerborne is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. Take I-95 North to North on Philadelphia Road (Route 7) to a left on Rossville Road and a left on Ross Ridge Road.
* Builder: Hillmark Homes.
* Phone number: 780-4500.
* Developer: Deerborne Town One.
* Base prices: $99,000.
* Style: Townhomes.
* Number of homes: 49.
* Square-footage: 1,920.
* Options: Gas fireplace ($2,800), box bay window ($1,500), angle bay window ($1,800), shower bath ($2,740), soaking tub bath with separate shower and dual vanities ($3,690), double angled bay windows on Carlyle ($3,600), 19-by-10-foot recreation room in Carlyle ($3,200), fourth bedroom in Carlyle ($2,200), fourth bedroom in Bolton or Andover ($1,800), recreation room in Bolton ($2,800), covered entry porch on Devon ($1,100).
Please send notices of new models, new construction or proposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate Section, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore 21278, or fax the information to 783-2517.