State police said they are questioning a 24-year-old Sykesville man in connection with some of a dozen break-ins at churches between June 8 and June 29.
Investigators said the man, who is in the Carroll County Detention Center on unrelated charges, admitted to at least two of the burglaries. Police would not say if the man, whom they would not identify, was in custody at the time of the last five burglaries Tuesday and Wednesday.
The burglaries mostly occurred at night. Damage and losses were estimated at more than $11,000.
The churches burglarized are:
* Johnsville United Methodist Church, 1100 block of Johnsville Road, June 8-9.
* Calvary United Methodist Church, 3900 Gamber Road, June 10-11.
* Johnsville United Methodist Church, 1100 block of Johnsville Road, between June 10 and 12.
* St. Benjamin's Lutheran Church, 700 block of Kriders Church Road, June 23-24.
* Liberty Church of Maryland, 1600 block of Old Westminster Road, June 23-24.
* Hampstead Baptist Church, 300 Hanover Pike, June 26-27.
* St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Dover Road, Arcadia in Baltimore County, June 26-27.
* Trinity Lutheran Church, 800 block of Deer Park Road, June 28.
* St. Mark's United Church of Christ, 1600 block of Cape Horn Road, June 28-29.
* St. John's Evangelical Church, 800 block of Leister's Church Road, June 28-29.
* Wesley United Methodist Church, 3200 block of Carrollton Road, June 28-29.
* Ebenezer United Methodist Church, 4900 block of Woodbine Road, June 28-29.