1. Land Design & Development of Columbia and six area builders have begun road and house construction at Fox Valley, a new custom home community on 420 acres next to the Howard County Hunt Club near Glenelg.
Altieri Homes, Catonsville Builders, Dorsey Builders, Selfridge Builders, Trinity Homes and Yorktown Homes will build 100 homes on one-acre lots.
Road construction is expected to be completed by the middle of the summer and six model homes should be ready for viewing by November.
A sales center for all six builders is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Friday through Tuesday. Take I-70 West to Route 32 South approximately two miles to the sales office on the right.
Builders: Altieri Homes, Catonsville Builders, Dorsey Builders, Selfridge Builders, Trinity Homes, Yorktown Homes.
Phone number: (410) 740-0114.
Developer: Land Design & Development.
Base prices: Mid-$300,000s.
Style: Traditional, transitional.
Number of homes: 100.
Lot sizes: 1 acre.
/# Square-footage: 2,700 to 4,000.
2. The placement and size of the kitchen is the major difference found in the three townhouses Humphrey Construction Inc. is building at Stone Valley of Avondale in Westminster in Carroll County.
Each of the three-level houses has 1,310 square feet of living space, an unfinished basement and a base price of $99,900.
In the Fieldstone, the 9-by-10-foot front kitchen is adjacent to the foyer. The dining room is 10 by 16 feet and the living room is 11 by 19 feet. A powder room and guest closet complete the first floor in the Fieldstone and the other models.
A 16-by-9-foot kitchen is located at the rear of the Stonington. This home also has a 10-by-16-foot dining room and a 12-by-16-foot living room.
OC The Cobblestone has a 9-by-12-foot kitchen, flanked by a 12-by-
16-foot living room in the front and a 9-by-16-foot dining room at the rear.
The sales center at Stone Valley is open from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday through Wednesday. Take I-795 to Route 140 West. Go 13 miles to a left on Route 31 West to a right on Long Valley Road and a right on N. Burning Tree Drive.
* Builder: Humphrey Construction Inc.
* Phone number: (410) 876-5656.
* Developer: Humphrey Development Inc.
* Base prices: $99,900.
* Style: Three-level townhome.
* Number of homes: 72.
* Lot sizes: 20 by 100 feet to 35 by 100 feet.
* Square-footage: 1,310.
* Options: End unit ($3,500), walk-out basement with slider ($1,700), fireplace ($3,000), 18-by-19-foot basement club room ($5,000), 10-by-12-foot deck ($1,750).
3. The Gables Cos. has signed a contract with Constellation Real Estate Inc. to build and market 130 "back-to-back" townhouses in Piney Orchard, a 2,000-acre planned community in Anne Arundel County.
The "back-to-back" homes will have 1,700 square feet of finished living space on three above-ground levels. Each of the two- or three-bedroom homes will have a large master suite, according to Frank Malacane, a Gables vice president.
"We are extremely excited about the back-to-back townhome since the design is so popular among consumers, especially first-time buyers," said Randall M. Griffin, president of Constellation, the developer and owner of Pinery Orchard. "This new product fills the gap between the condominium and townhomes at Piney Orchard, from a price and square footage perspective."
Community amenities include an outdoor swimming pool, community center with exercise and multipurpose rooms, ice arena, lake and hiking and biking trails.
To visit Piney Orchard, take Beltway to Interstate 95 South, to Route 32 East, to Route 170 West (Piney Orchard Parkway) to the main entrance. Sales trailer is on the left.
* Builder: Gables Cos.
* Phone number: (410) 730-9092.
* Developer: Constellation Real Estate Inc.
* Base prices: Low-$100,000s.
* Style: Three-level, back-to-back townhomes.
* Number of homes: 130.
* Lot sizes: Not applicable.
( * Square-footage: 1,700.
4. Tailwinds Farm, a 50-acre, working horse farm, is the centerpiece of a real estate auction scheduled for June 26 in North East in Cecil County.
Orginally priced at $699,000, the farm will be sold at or above a minimum bid of $325,000, subject to acceptance by the seller.
Ten 1- to 3.6-acre single-family homesites in the adjacent Tailwinds Estates will be sold with minimum bids ranging from $24,000 to $35,000. Three will be sold regardless of price at or above the minimum while the remainder will be subject to seller acceptance.
An adjoining 13-acre tract conditionally approved for nine single-family lots will be sold at or above the minimum bid of $90,000 with seller acceptance.
Open for inspection from noon to 5 p.m. today and Saturday. Registration for the auction begins at 11:30 a.m. next Sunday.
* Auctioneer: RAF Partners Inc.
/# * Phone number: (201) 567-7699.
Please send notices of new models, new construction oproposed developments to: New Homes, Real Estate Section, The Sun, 501 N. Calvert St., Baltimore 21278, or fax the information to 783-2517.