Here are the nominations for the 66th annual Academy Awards, which will be presented March 21 in Los Angeles by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
To vote on the Oscars, call Sundial, The Sun's telephone information service, at (410) 783-1800. In Anne Arundel County, call (410) 268-7736; in Harford County, (410) 836-5028; in Carroll County, (410) 848-0338. Using a touch-tone phone, punch in the four-digit code 6100 after you hear the greeting. Voting will conclude at noon Tuesday.
To receive, by fax, a free copy of the list of the Oscar nominees, dial Sunfax at (410) 332-6123 and enter the information number 5100.
* "The Fugitive" (Warner Bros.)
* "In the Name of the Father" (Universal)
"The Piano" (Miramax)
* "The Remains of the Day" (Columbia)
* "Schindler's List" (Universal)
* Jim Sheridan, "In the Name of the Father"
* Jane Campion, "The Piano"
* James Ivory, "The Remains of the Day"
Steven Spielberg, "Schindler's List"
* Robert Altman, "Short Cuts"
* Daniel Day-Lewis, "In the Name of the Father"
* Laurence Fishburne, "What's Love Got to Do With It?"
* Tom Hanks, "Philadelphia"
* Anthony Hopkins, "The Remains of the Day"
Liam Neeson, "Schindler's List"
* Leonardo DiCaprio, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"
* Ralph Fiennes, "Schindler's List"
* Tommy Lee Jones, "The Fugitive"
* John Malkovich, "In the Line of Fire"
Pete Postlethwaite, "In the Name of the Father"
* Angela Bassett, "What's Love Got to Do With It?"
* Stockard Channing, "Six Degrees of Separation"
* Holly Hunter, "The Piano"
* Emma Thompson, "The Remains of the Day"
Debra Winger, "Shadowlands"
* Holly Hunter, "The Firm"
* Anna Paquin, "The Piano"
* Rosie Perez, "Fearless"
* Winona Ryder, "The Age of Innocence"
* Emma Thompson, "In the Name of the Father"
* "Addams Family Values": art direction, Ken Adam; set decoration, Marvin March
* "The Age of Innocence": art direction, Dante Ferretti; set decoration, Robert J. Franco
* "Orlando": art direction, Ben Van Os and Jan Roeles
* "The Remains of the Day": art direction, Luciana Arrighi; set decoration, Ian Whittaker
* "Schindler's List": art direction, Allan Starski; set decoration, Ewa Braun
* Gu Changwei, "Farewell My Concubine"
* Michael Chapman, "The Fugitive"
* Stuart Dryburgh, "The Piano"
* Janusz Kaminski, "Schindler's List"
* Conrad L. Hall, "Searching for Bobby Fischer"
* "The Age of Innocence," Gabriella Pescucci
* "Orlando," Sandy Powell
* "The Piano," Janet Patterson
* "The Remains of the Day," Jenny Beaven and John Bright
* "Schindler's List," Anna Biedrzycka-Sheppard
* "The Broadcast Tapes of Dr. Peter," a Canadian Broadcast Co./HBO Films production; David Paperny, Arthur Ginsberg, producers
* "Children of Fate," a Young/Friedson production; Adam Friedson, Andrew Young, producers
* "For Better or for Worse," a David Collier production; David Collier, Betsy Thompson, producers
* "I Am a Promise: The Children of Stanton Elementary School," a Verite Films production; Susan Raymond, Alan Raymond, producers
* "The War Room," a Pennebaker Associates production; D. A. Pennebaker, Chris Hegedus, producers
* "Blood Ties: The Life and Work of Sally Mann," a Moving Target production; Steven Cantor, Peter Spirer, producers
* "Chicks in White Satin," a University of Southern California School of Cinema/TV production; Elaine Holliman, Jason Schneider, producers
* "Defending Our Lives," a Cambridge Documentary Films production; Margaret Lazarus, Renner Wunderlich, producers
* Dennis Virkler, David Finfer, Dean Goodhill, Don Brochu, Rich
ard Nord, Dov Hoenig, "The Fugitive"
* Anne V. Coates, "In the Line of Fire"
* Gerry Hambling, "In the Name of the Father"
* Veronika Jenet, "The Piano"
* Michael Kahn, "Schindler's List"
* "Belle Epoque," a Fernando Trueba P.C. (Madrid)/Lola Films (Barcelona)/Animatografo (Lisbon)/French Production (Paris) production, Spain
* "Farewell My Concubine," a Tomson (HK) Films Co. Ltd. production, Hong Kong
* "Hedd Wyn," a Pendefig Cyf production, United Kingdom
* "The Scent of Green Papaya," a Les Productions Lazennec (Paris)/Giai Phong Film Studio (Ho Chi Minh City) production, Vietnam
* "The Wedding Banquet," a Central Motion Pictures Corporation production, Taiwan
* "Mrs. Doubtfire," Greg Cannom, Ve Neill and Yolanda Toussieng
* "Philadelphia," Carl Fullerton and Alan D'Angerio
* "Schindler's List," Christina Smith, Matthew Mungle and Judith A. Cory
* Elmer Bernstein, "The Age of Innocence"
* Dave Grusin, "The Firm"
* James Newton Howard, "The Fugitive"
* Richard Robbins, "The Remains of the Day"
John Williams, "Schindler's List"
* "Again" from "Poetic Justice"; music and lyric by Janet Jackson, James Harris III and Terry Lewis
* "The Day I Fall in Love" from "Beethoven's 2nd"; music and lyric by Carole Bayer Sager, James Ingram and Cliff Magness
* "Philadelphia" from "Philadelphia"; music and lyric by Neil Young
* "Streets of Philadelphia" from "Philadelphia"; music and lyric by Bruce Springsteen
* "A Wink and a Smile" from "Sleepless in Seattle"; music by Marc Shaiman, lyric by Ramsey McLean
ANIMATED SHORT FILM
* "Blindscape," a National Film and Television School production, Stephen Palmer
* "The Mighty River," a Canadian Broadcasting Corp./Societe Radio-Canada production, Fredric Back and Hubert Tison
* "Small Talk," a Bob Godfrey Films production, Bob Godfrey and Kevin Baldwin
* "The Village," a Pizazz Pictures production, Mark Baker
* "The Wrong Trousers," an Aardman Animations Ltd. production, Nicholas Park
LIVE ACTION SHORT FILM
* "Black Rider" (Schwarzfahrer), a Trans-Film GmbH production, Pepe Danquart
* "Down on the Waterfront," a Stacy Title/Jonathan Penner production, Stacy Title and Jonathan Penner
* "The Dutch Master," a Regina Ziegler Film production, Susan Seidelman and Jonathan Brett
* "Partners," a Chanticleer Films production, Peter Weller and Jana Sue Memel
* "The Screw" (La Vis), a Perla Films production, Didier Flamand
* "Cliffhanger," Michael Minkler, Bob Beemer and Tim Cooney
* "The Fugitive," Donald O. Mitchell, Michael Herbick, Frank A. Montano and Scott D. Smith
* "Geronimo: An American Legend," Chris Carpenter, D. M. Hemphill, Bill W. Benton and Lee Orloff
* "Jurassic Park," Gary Summers, Gary Rydstrom, Shawn Murphy and Ron Judkins
* "Schindler's List," Andy Nelson, Steve Pederson, Scott Millan and Ron Judkins
@SOUND EFFECTS EDITING
* "Cliffhanger," Wylie Stateman and Gregg Baxter
* "The Fugitive," John Leveque and Bruce Stambler
"Jurassic Park," Gary Rydstrom and Richard Hymns
* "Cliffhanger," Neil Krepela, John Richardson, John Bruno and Pamela Easley
* "Jurassic Park," Dennis Muren, Stan Winston, Phil Tippett and Michael Lantieri
* "Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas," Pete Kozachik, Eric Leighton, Ariel Velasco Shaw and Gordon Baker
* Gary Ross, "Dave"
* Jeff Maguire, "In the Line of Fire"
Ron Nyswaner, "Philadelphia"
* Jane Campion, "The Piano"
* Nora Ephron, David S. Ward and Jeff Arch, screenwriters; Jeff
Arch, story, "Sleepless in Seattle"
* Jay Cocks, Martin Scorsese, "The Age of Innocence"
* Terry George, Jim Sheridan, "In the Name of the Father"
* Ruth Prawer Jhabvala, "The Remains of the Day"
* Steven Zaillian, "Schindler's List"
* William Nicholson, "Shadowlands"