Cub Scout Pack 182 from Brooklyn Park held its Blue and Gold Banquet last Thursday at St. John Lutheran Church.
Badges and awards were received by the following Scouts:
* Bobcat Badge: Michael Boswell, Gary Brown and Jake Helmick;
* Wolf Badge: Justin Dixon, Steven Isaac, Denis Kisner, Michael Paul and Chase Wells;
* Bear Badge: Richie Loughran;
* Gold Arrow: Justin Dixon, Isaac, Kisner, Loughran, Paul and Wells;
* Silver Arrow: Justin Dixon (2 arrows), Loughran (3 arrows), Paul and Wells;
* Ice Skating Belt Loop: Mark Balonis, Gary Brown, Carole Dixon, Derrick Sabre, Justin Scally, Ryan Teal, David Frome, Justin Dixon, Isaac, Kisner, Loughran and Wells;
* Basketball Loop and Pin: Brown, Justin Dixon, Loughran and Sabre;
* Soccer Loop: Kisner;
* Soccer Loop and Pin: Brown, Carole Dixon, Loughran and Wells;
* Craftsman Pin: Chris Sank, Avery Smith, Tim Swigert and Ross Wysong;
* Fitness Pin: Sank and Wysong.
* The Belle Grove Elementary School cultural arts program will be presented at 9:30 a.m. Thursday in the multi-purpose room. Ted Brown will present "Beethoven."
The Brooklyn Park Elementary School guidance office is sponsoring a Career Week April 25-29. Those interested in speaking about their careers are asked to call the school at 222-6590.
A reminder for Park Elementary School parents and students: Orders for the spring fund-raiser must be returned to the school Wednesday.
North County High School news: Winter Sports Banquet tickets will be on sale at lunch time in the cafeteria March 9, 10 and 11. The banquet will take place at 6 p.m. March 14 at Michael's 8th Avenue. Tickets are $8 per person.
* The Parent's Club Executive Board will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the conference room; a general meeting will follow at 7 p.m.
* Congratulations to Corey Fowler and Chris Mosely who were chosen King and Queen of Hearts at the Valentine's Dance Feb. 18.
St. John Lutheran Church, 226 Washburn Ave., will continue its Lenten services at 9:15 a.m. and 7:15 p.m. Wednesday.
The Northern District Police Community Relations Council will hold a meeting at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the cafeteria at North County High School, 10 E. First Ave.
Congressman Ben Cardin will lead a discussion on crime and crime prevention.
The Brooklyn Park Youth Athletic Association needs adults to umpire during the coming softball and baseball seasons. If interested, call Wayne Combs at 789-1947.
The Parent to Parent Program, sponsored by the North County High School Counseling Center, continues from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the North County High School Career Center.
The program offers workshops that help parents and guardians keep their children drug-free.
Workshops will continue March 9 and 16. There is no charge to participants.
The Arundel Improvement Association will sponsor a St. Patrick's Dance from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 20 at the AIA Hall, 705 Cross St. Tickets are $7 a person and include a platter, beer and beverages. Music will be provided by M & M.
/# For information, call 789-2192.
The Community Advocates for Senior Opportunities and Services (CASIOS) Advisory Board will meet at 10:30 a.m. March 9 at Woods Memorial Church.
* The CASIOS Bull Roast is planned for 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. March 26 at the Altoona Beach Banquet Hall. Tickets are $18 in advance and $20 at the door. Live music will be provided by Bonnie and Stan.
Proceeds will be used to purchase a minivan to transport senior citizens.
5) For ticket information, call 789-2192