Ryan Beaumont hit four free throws in the last :40 as No. 8 Gibbons defeated visiting Mount St. Joseph, 60-57, in a Catholic League basketball game yesterday. Steve Wojciechowski scored 21 points and made seven steals to lead Gibbons.
Ken Krabitz led the Gaels (10-15, 3-7) with 15 points.
The Crusaders (20-6, 10-2) went up 58-57 on two Beaumont free throws with :42 to play. Then, Wojciechowski forced Krabitz to turn the ball over as Beaumont hit two more free throws as the Gaels were forced to foul.
* Southern 76, Edmondson 58: The senior backcourt of Damon Cason and Kevin Simpson combined to lead top-ranked Southern-Baltimore (17-1, 11-1) over visiting Edmondson in a Baltimore City 4A League game. Cason scored 20 points and dished out 14 assists, while Kevin Simpson added 18 points for the Bulldogs.
* Southwestern 79, Patterson 68: Aaron Jolly scored 18 as No. 2 Southwestern (14-4, 6-3) ended a four-game losing streak with a win over host Patterson in a Baltimore City 4A League game. Donnie Joy pulled down 13 rebounds.
* Lake Clifton 92, Mervo 56: Sophomore guard Jimmie Moore led all scorers with 23 as No. 4 Lake Clifton (14-6, 8-4) downed visiting Mervo (2-14, 0-9) in a Baltimore City 4A League game. Senior forward Terrance Payne added 20 points and 14 rebounds for the Lakers.
* Annapolis 104, Meade 68: Rodney Watts scored 18 and grabbed 10 rebounds as No. 6 Annapolis (17-2, 10-1) defeated visiting Meade in a Anne Arundel 4A League game. Kelsey Watkins added 13 and Juan Johnson had 14 points and 12 assists. Tyrone Jones led Meade (8-11) with 18 points.
* Broadneck 60, Northeast 30: Jason Smith scored a game-high 16 points to reach 1,056 for his career, breaking the school's all-time scoring record of Kenny Wood (1,047 points) as No. 11 Broadneck (14-4) downed visiting Northeast.
Old Mill 63, Severna Park 55: Andrew Lewis scored 12 as Old Mill beat host Severna Park in an Anne Arundel 4A League game. Todd Batty led the Eagles (2-16) with 12.
* Poly 87, Northwestern 68: Senior forward Brian Scott scored 25 as Poly (13-5, 10-4) downed visiting Northwestern (3-7, 3-4) in a Baltimore City 2A-3A League game.
* Dulaney 79, Parkville 49: Dan Sherwood scored a game-high 18 as Dulaney (9-7) downed visiting Parkville in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game. Elliott Smalls added 16 and Jon Snyder contributed 15.
* Thomas Johnson 65, Loyola 41: Mike Anders scored 13 as undefeated Thomas Johnson (19-0) rolled past visiting Loyola (10-15) in a nonleague game in Frederick.
* City 76, Forest Park 68: Alford Gardner scored a game-high 23 as City rallied past host Forest Park in a Baltimore City 2A-3A League game. The Knights scored 68 points in the last three quarters after an eight-point first period.
* Douglass 72, Northern 71: Senior Lloyd Jones had 24 points as host Douglass held off Northern's 43-point fourth quarter to earn the win in a Baltimore City 2A-3A game.
* Sparrows Point 69, Kenwood 49: Sophomore forward Griffin Dingle scored 21 to lead host Sparrows Point past Kenwood in a Baltimore County 1A-2A League game. Will Marshall added 14 for the Pointers.
* C. M. Wright 49, Bel Air 47: Senior forward Brian King scored 17 and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead host C. M. Wright (10-5, 7-3) past Bel Air (5-11, 3-7) in a Harford County League game. Victor Smith led all scorers with 25, including five three-pointers.
* Fallston 64, North Harford 51: Brad Thomas and Rick Shearer scored 13 apiece as Fallston downed host North Harford in a Harford County League game. Junior guard John Stearns led the Hawks with a game-high 17.
* Joppatowne 74, Havre de Grace 59: Senior Darnell Everett scored 26 and senior Chris Gephardt added 20 as host Joppatowne (11-4, 5-3) beat Havre de Grace in a Harford County League game.
* North County 68, Chesapeake-AA 64: Justin Rice scored 16 and Reno Owens added 15 to lead visiting North County over Chesapeake-AA (3-15) in an Anne Arundel 4A League game. Mike Pellegrini scored a game-high 24 to pace the Cougars.
Centennial 55, Howard 50: Rob Haye, Curt Weitzel and David Hudson scored 12 each as Centennial defeated Howard in a Howard County League game. Monte Carter led the Lions with 18.
* Wilde Lake 61, Oakland Mills 56: Seth Willingham scored 19 as host Wilde Lake (10-7) beat Oakland Mills.
* Harford Tech 90, Tome 32: Senior forward Kelly Turner scored )) 30 points as Harford Tech (8-7) toppled visiting Tome in a nonleague game.
* Lanham 73, Greater Grace 54: Chris Hayes scored 22 to lead visiting Lanham past Greater Grace (12-10, 7-1) in a Maryland Christian Athletic League game.
* Granite Baptist 67, Carroll Christian 49: Granite Baptist (13-3) advanced to the championship game of the Potomac Athletic Conference Tournament with a victory over Carroll Christian (5-14) at Frederick Christian Academy.