* Carroll Community College announced the appointment of Dina-Athena Vakiaros as the school's coordinator of admissions and financial aid.
New Accounts & Contracts
* Maryland Media Associates has been selected to provide public relations services for the 98-year-old Baltimore-based Volunteers of America Chesapeake, Inc.
Open for business
* Ceal Rath has opened a full-service photography studio in the Park Plaza Shopping Center at 564A Ritchie Highway in Severna Park.
* Klein Appraisals, appraisers of residential real estate, announced that it has opened new offices at 11806 Ridgemont Road in Lutherville.
On the board
* Catholic Charities has elected George J. Collins, Beverly A. Cooper, George C. Creel, Patrice M. Cromwell and Charles L. Dunlap to seats on its board of directors.
* University of Maryland Medical System announced the selection of Stewart J. Greenebaum as chairman of the board.
* The Morgan Group Inc. elected Mario J. Gabelli to its board of directors.
* Maryland Hotel Supply Company has been named by the Stouffer Harborplace Hotel as its 1993 Vendor of the Year.
* Sharon Coker, Earlene Sears and Margery Vitch were given the quarterly "People Who Care" award for dedication and professional service by North Arundel Hospital.
* Alex. Brown & Sons has been awarded the United Way's "Chairman's Award" for raising the most "new" dollars in its annual employee-giving campaign.