* Enterprise Foundation, a Columbia-based nonprofit group, received a $750,000 grant from the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation to support its affordable housing and community service initiatives.
* Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. reported 1993 sales of $8.3 billion on 51,439 transactions -- up 13 percent from 1992. The 31 Long & Foster offices in the Baltimore region had $1.4 billion, up 6 percent; the 16-office Southern Maryland region, $762 million, up 6 percent; the 10-office Eastern Shore region, $268 million, up 16 percent; the 29-office Suburban Maryland region, $1.7 billion, up 13 percent; and the seven-office Washington area, $355 million, up 11 percent. The 35-office Northern Virginia region had $2.7 billion, up 19 percent; and the 13-office Hampton Roads region had $543 million, up 12 percent.
* Long & Foster Real Estate Inc. is reminding students that March 1 is the deadline for applying for its 25th anniversary scholarship program. The company is offering 25 scholarships of $1,000 to "well-rounded" high school seniors in the Mid-Atlantic region. Five of the winners will come from the Baltimore area. Applicants must have a 3.0 grade-point average and demonstrate financial need. Students must also provide information on leadership positions, school and community groups to which they belong and part-time jobs while in school.Applications can be obtained from Long & Foster offices.
* The Maryland Service Review, a bimonthly consumer newsletter reporting on new homes, area homebuilders and home improvement contractors, can be ordered from Consumer Service Reviews Inc. at 329-6394.
* The New Home Marketing Group of American Properties Inc. has been chosen to manage sales and marketing for Orion Homes of Laurel and has appointed Kim M. Anderson Maryland sales manager for Orion, which is building single-family homes in Howard County at Martin Meadows in Turf Valley and Thornton Woods near Columbia.
* The Preferred Appraisal Group, formerly William F. Beauchamp and Associates, opened for business at 1930 Greenspring Drive, Suite 200, Timonium. William F. Beauchamp, a certified appraiser, is president of the new firm, which specializes in residential real estate appraisals.
* Prosperity Mortgage Co. has been formed as a joint venture of Prosperity Mortgage Corp., mortgage affiliate of Long & Foster Real Estate Inc., and Norwest Mortgage Inc., a subsidiary of Minneapolis banking giant Norwest Corp. Terry Rowland, vice president and general manager of Prosperity Mortgage Corp., was named president of Prosperity Mortgage Co., which has offices in Lutherville and Rockville.
* Timber Frame Homes' 1994 Buyer's Guild is on sale at newsstands nationwide or can be ordered by mail. The guide provides directories to help buyers find the craftsmen and
manufacturers to help them build custom homes.
The book sells for $3.95 plus $3 shipping and handling if you order from Home Buyer Publications, 4451 Brookfield Corporation Drive, Suite 101, P.O. Box 220039, Chantilly, Va. 22022. Information: (800) 826-3893.
* Welsh Construction Remodeling Co. of Baltimore won four 1993 Residential and Commercial Remodeler-of-the-Year Awards from the Maryland Improvement Contractors Association. Welsh won awards for a room addition under $75,000, and residential kitchen, bathroom and fire restoration. This is the ninth consecutive year the company has been honored by MICA.
* The Women's Council of Realtors elected Sharyn Steffey of Champion Realty 1994 Maryland governor, a position she also held last year. A 10-year WCR member, Ms. Steffey served as state chapter president in 1992. She works in the Champion office on West Street in Annapolis.
ON THE MOVE
* American Properties Inc. of Howard County appointed Pamela J. Bianco sales associate in its Ellicott City office.
* Bozzuto & Associates appointed Don Smith service manager of Buzzuto Homes, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Greenbelt company. Mr. Smith will be responsible for routine maintenance and warrantee service to all Buzzuto Homes condominiums throughout the Mid-Atlantic region.
* Constellation Real Estate Inc. named Jeffrey L. Marquina property manager for its southern region, which includes four office developments and Piney Orchard, a 2,000-acre planned community in Anne Arundel County.
* ERA-Imperial Real Estate Inc. reported that Flo Valentine and Del Sprinkle have joined its residential sales department.
* Gilbert D. Marsiglia & Co., a Lutherville real estate firm, announced that Tracey Ann Killian, Jane M. Schott, Sharon L. Corcoran and Anousheh M. Schmidt have joined the company as sales agents specializing in residential, land and investment properties.
* Leader Realty Co. named Charles Piccinini president and chief executive officer. Mr. Piccinini is also first vice president of the Property Owners Association of Greater Baltimore.