Don’t miss Orioles players, John Means & Paul Fry, as they guest host at our Brews and O’s event!

Rev. Donald D. DavisChurch founderThe Rev. Donald...


Rev. Donald D. Davis

Church founder

The Rev. Donald David Davis, a retired Baltimore City employee and founder and co-pastor of the Living Water Christian Fellowship Church in Randallstown, died Feb. 4 of cancer at the Northwest Hospital Center. He was 49.

Mr. Davis and his wife, the Rev. Precious Davis, the former Precious Tindall, were co-pastors of the nondenominational church they founded in 1986.

After serving in the Air Force in the mid-1960s, Mr. Davis began working for the Baltimore Department of Transit and Traffic. He retired in 1992 as a sector supervisor of crossing guards.

The Baltimore native was a graduate of Douglass High School and attended the then-Community College of Baltimore and Coppin State College. At his death, he was enrolled in Trinity College of the Bible and Theological Seminary in Newburgh, Ind.

He was executive director of Youth Praise Ministries, Inc., which ministers to young people in the Randallstown area, and founded the Christian Youth Athletic League.

A tennis player and a former president of the Baltimore Tennis Club at Druid Hill Park, he also instructed children in the sport in connection with the Athletic League. He was a member of the board of the Randallstown Recreation Council.

He published a church newsletter with subscribers in eight states and abroad and was a member of the Evangelical Training Association.

He was a former mentor in Project RAISE for city public school students and a member of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Other survivors include a daughter, Tiffany, and two sons, Bryan and Phillip, all of Randallstown; a brother, Gregory Davis of Washington; and four sisters, Carol Ann Grant and Deborah Davis, both of Lochearn, and Joann Boardley and Phyllis Sivels, both of Baltimore.

Memorial donations may be made to the Living Water Christian Fellowship.

Services were held Wednesday.

Retired Army Lt. Col. Stephen O. Rossetti died Tuesday of a brain tumor at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington. The Crownsville resident was 75.

Mr. Rossetti retired in 1980 as a civilian administrator of Army Reserve programs at 1st Army headquarters at Fort Meade. He won a commander's award for civilian service while working there.

The former intelligence officer also worked for the CIA at Fort Meade after he retired from the Army in 1968.

A native of Boston who attended Boston University, he joined the Massachusetts National Guard in 1936 and graduated from officer candidate school in 1942 after the Guard was called into federal service after World War II began.

He served with the Office of Strategic Services, which preceded the CIA, in Italy and southern France, often on assignments behind enemy lines.

His decorations included three awards of the Legion of Merit with Combat V, the Bronze Star, two Purple Hearts, the British Distinguished Service Order and the Order of the Crown of Italy.

He worked for the Veterans Administration in Boston after World War II but was recalled by the Army at the start of the Korean War and was sent to Germany.

In 1992, he was named to the Officer Candidate School Hall of Fame at Fort Benning, Ga.

He was a member of the Disabled American Veterans, the Retired Officers Association, the Anzio Beachhead Veterans of World War II and the Army Counter Intelligence Corps Veterans.

A Mass of Christian burial was to be offered at noon today at Our Lady of the Fields Roman Catholic Church in Millersville.

He is survived by his wife of 52 years, the former Margaret M. Powers; two daughters, Sheila Parker of Carlisle, Pa., and Camille Gresalfi of Garden City, N.Y.; three sons, Philip Rossetti of Baltimore, Stephen O. Rossetti Jr. of Washington and John Rossetti of East Rockaway, N.Y.; a brother, Philip A. Rossetti of Boston; four sisters, Gilda and Jeanne Rossetti, Olivia Ahearn and Gloria Luongo, all of Boston; 13 grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.

Alan M. Clarke

Started several firms

Alan M. Clarke, who operated insulating and environmental businesses in the Baltimore area, died Sunday of a brain tumor at the Stella Maris Hospice. He was 73 and had homes in Marco Island, Fla., Lutherville and Ocean City.

He retired in 1991 as the owner of Alan Insulation Inc., a contracting firm he started in 1965. He had also retired as a director of two environmental firms he had started.

In 1980, he started MARCOR, which does asbestos removal and other environmental cleanup work. The next year, he started Aerosol Monitoring and Analysis Inc., which studies air quality and other environmental matters.

Before starting his businesses, he did sales work for contracting and engineering firms.

Born in Baltimore, he was a graduate of the Polytechnic Institute and attended Johns Hopkins University.

He worked for the Bethlehem Steel Corp.'s Sparrows Point shipyard before he enlisted in the Marine Corps during World War II. He was wounded by shrapnel that damaged his right hand during the invasion of Guam and was awarded a Purple Heart.

He was a former president of the Lochearn Lions Club, a member of the vestry of Holy Nativity Episcopal Church, Mount Moriah Lodge of the Masons, the Scottish Rite and Boumi Temple.

He was a former director of the Beachmark Condominium Association in Ocean City, where he was a member of the River Run Country Club. He also held memberships in country clubs in Florida and was president of the Royal Marco Point I Condominium Association.

Mr. Clarke is survived by his wife of 49 years, the former Jean Miles; a son, Richard A. Clarke of Phoenix; a daughter, Barbara J. Gambrill of Columbia; a sister, Shirley Brown of Panama City Beach, Fla.; and four grandchildren.

A memorial service was held Wednesday.

Copyright © 2019, The Baltimore Sun, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Place an Ad