Interest in the 1994 Winter Olympics in general, and ice-skating in particular, can be gauged in advance, thanks to tonight's one-hour CBS special, "Nancy Kerrigan and Friends" -- in which, needless to say, Tonya Harding is not featured.
* "Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?" (11:30 a.m.-noon, WBFF, Channel 45) -- Everywhere, it seems. She's been on computer games for almost a decade, and on PBS for a few seasons now, in a live-action geography-quiz format. This week another variation joins the mix, this one a cartoon action series -- which makes perfect sense, since cartoon characters are featured on the computer-game versions. Fox.
* "Nancy Kerrigan and Friends" (9 p.m.-10 p.m., WBAL, Channel 11) -- The skating-exhibition part of this special was scheduled to be taped last night in Boston, making it as up-to-date as possible. Will America tune in to see for themselves how Kerrigan is faring after her astounding assault? You betcha. CBS.
* "The Commish" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Chris Burke, the star of "Life Goes On," gets a challenging guest role as a a handicapped police employee who has witnessed a murder. ABC.
* "Tales From the Crypt" (11 p.m.-midnight, WBFF, Channel 45) -- The first of tonight's two episodes was directed by Michael J. Fox, and features Teri Garr, Bruno Kirby and Bruce McGill; the second episode features a talk-show host whose meteoric rise has since been followed by a meteoric fall: Morton Downey Jr. Fox repeats.
* "Saturday Night Live" (11:30 p.m.-1 a.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- When William Shatner was guest host of "Saturday Night Live," he appeared in a Trekker convention skit in which he pleaded with the show's obsessive fans to "Get a life, people!" Here's hoping the show's 1994-era writers are capable of coming up with something comparably memorable for tonight's guest host, Patrick Stewart of "Star Trek: The Next Generation." The musical guest, also worth watching: Salt-n-Pepa. NBC.
* "The Best of the Cisco Kid" (11 a.m.-1 p.m., TNT) -- As a context-placing prelude to tomorrow's TNT "Cisco Kid" remake (starring Jimmy Smits as Cisco and Cheech Marin as Pancho), TNT today is showing four episodes from the '50s series, starring Duncan Renaldo and Leo Carillo.
* "Campbell's Portrait of a Teacher II" (10 p.m.-11 p.m., LIF) -- Actually, this special offers portraits of four teachers -- but the sponsor has hit on a souper idea nonetheless. Anyone who wants to support quality teaching will find this special Mmmm-mmmm-good.