Junior swingman Travon Broadway had 24 points and nine rebounds to lift visiting and No. 14 Walbrook (5-7, 3-2) to an 83-74 upset of No. 5 Lake Clifton (10-5, 4-3) in a Baltimore City 4A boys basketball League game yesterday.
It was Walbrook's first victory in three attempts against Lake Clifton this season. On Dec. 10 at the Tip-Off Mixer at Lake Clifton, the Lakers won, 102-80. Last Saturday, Lake Clifton defeated the Warriors, 70-59, in the Northwest consolation of the Charm City Classic.
Anton Jennifer added 23 points for the Warriors, who were 32 of 42 from the free throw line. Junior guard Shawnta Rogers led Lake Clifton with 23 points and Terrance Payne added 19.
* Centennial 55, Mount Hebron 49: Senior reserve Will Latta (10 points) made five of six free throws down the stretch to spark the Eagles (9-5) to an upset of No. 13 Mount Hebron (12-2, 4-2). Centennial senior Seann Jones also hit five of six free throws and scored nine of his 19 points in the fourth period.
* Woodlawn 78, Parkville 44: Emanuele Adekunle scored 19 points and Guy Butler added 16, leading No. 4 Woodlawn (13-0, 10-0) to its 37th consecutive regular-season victory with a win over host Parkville (0-10, 0-10) in a Baltimore County 3A-4A League game.
Oakland Mills 47, Glenelg 45, 2OT: Lauren McHargue had 24 points and 12 rebounds to power host Oakland Mills (6-6, 3-3) to an upset of No. 16 Glenelg (11-3, 4-2) in a Howard County League game.
McHargue's jumper with 11 seconds left in regulation forced the first overtime, and Glenelg's Camey Brian forced the second with a basket at the buzzer. Missy Singleton's three-pointer with less than a minute left helped ice the Scorpions' win.
* St. Frances 57, Spalding 34: Kristi and Kortni Webb combined for 38 points as No. 5 St. Frances (15-2) downed Spalding (2-12) in a Catholic League game.
* Forest Park 71, Northern 13: Senior Sherri Anderson had a quadruple-double with 20 points, 13 assists, 13 steals and 10 rebounds to lead Forest Park (4-6) over Northern in a City-Wide 2A-3A League game.
* Mount Hebron 71, Centennial 29: Senior Rachel Cimmier led all scorers with 22 points as No. 6 Mount Hebron (8-5) defeated host Centennial (2-12) in a Howard League game. Teammate Emily Yanero had 13 points to give her 1,000 in her career.