County firefighters struggling with frozen water hydrants took more than two hours to bring under control a fire that consumed an unoccupied house in Davidsonville on Tuesday night.
The fire was reported about 7 p.m. by workers at a nearby Amoco station. Six fire engines, two ladder trucks and two tankers, manned by 27 firefighters, responded and found fire in the attic and roof in the rear of the house at 571 W. Central Ave.
The fire was brought under control at 9:30 p.m.
Firefighters described the damage as "extensive." The two-story wood house owned by Colby Goodloe of Ashland, Va., was valued at $35,000. Contents were valued at $2,500.
Fire officials said they were investigating the possibility of arson.
Drug charge filed after disturbance
A 36-year-old Niagara Falls, N.Y., man was arrested Monday and charged with possession of drugs with intent to distribute.
Police were called to Lou's Woodland restaurant, 145 Mayo Road in Edgewater, to investigate disorderly people in the restaurant parking lot.
When police arrived, they saw four men arguing and one then threw out plastic bags and a glass bottle that were later found to contain 315 hits of LSD, investigators said.
Michael C. Brazeau was arrested and charged.
* Davidsonville: Thieves broke into a construction trailer in the 200 block of Beards Point Road and stole $2,1750 worth of tools and equipment over the weekend.
* Heritage Harbour: Three houses under construction were burglarized during the weekend, with thieves stealing appliances and bathroom fixtures worth about $2,500. Items stolen included a stove, dishwashers, microwave ovens, sink, toilet, range hood and bathroom vanities.