1. Southern-Balto. (record: 5-0, points: 200) -- Last week's ranking: 1. The Bulldogs, ranked No. 15 nationally by USA Today, did not play last week. Next game: Wednesday at Carver.
2. Dunbar (5-1, 190) -- Last week's ranking: 2. The Poets claimed their second consecutive title at the Altoona (Pa.) Rotary Tournament, taking an 87-66 first-round victory over Carlisle, Pa., and a 64-59 win over Altoona for the title. Next game: Tomorrow against Northwestern.
3. Southwestern (7-0, 173) -- Last week's ranking: 4. The host Sabers won the Henderson Neal Memorial Tournament to remain undefeated. The Sabers rolled to a 90-59 first-round win over Carver, and topped Patterson, 74-58, in the final. Next game: Tomorrow at No. 18 Mount St. Joseph.
4. Woodlawn (7-0, 169) -- Last week's ranking: 6. The Warriors extended their regular-season winning streak to 31 games and claimed the Wes Unseld Classic championship. Woodlawn beat Hammond, 93-49, and Loyola, 85-63, to get to Friday's championship. Guy Butler, the tourney MVP, had 18 in the 52-46 title-game win over Broadneck. Next game: Wednesday at No. 16 Perry Hall.
5. Lake Clifton (5-2, 163) -- Last week's ranking: 5. The Lakers won twice in preliminary games at the Slam Dunk at the Beach Tournament in Lewes, Del., beating defending Delaware state champion Glasgow, 82-74, on Tuesday and St. Mark's (Del.), 66-50, on Wednesday. Next game: Wednesday or Friday vs. Mervo.
6. Gibbons (9-4, 150) -- Last week's ranking: 3. The Crusaders placed fourth at the Good Counsel Alumni Tournament in Wheaton. Gibbons posted a 75-59 win over Xaverian (N.Y.) in the opener before falling to Good Counsel, 64-52, in the semifinals, and Episcopal (Va.), 64-56, in the third-place game. Next game: Friday at Towson Catholic.
7. Southern-AA (4-1, 123) -- Last week's ranking: 7. Did not play. Next game: Wednesday at Surrattsville.
8. Milford Mill (5-0, 118) -- Last week's ranking: 8. The Millers won the Westminster Holiday Tournament with a 65-63 overtime victory over Westminster. They had advanced with a first-round forfeit win over Aberdeen. Next game: Wednesday at Chesapeake-BC.
9. Walbrook (2-2, 117) -- Last week's ranking: 9. Did not play. Next game: Friday against Patterson.
10. Annapolis (6-1, 115) -- Last week's ranking: 10. The host Panthers won the Capital City Classic, beating Eastern Tech, 108-55, in the opening round and T.C. Williams (Va.), 91-84, in Friday's title game. Next game: Tomorrow at No. 14 Arundel.
11. Broadneck (5-1, 97) -- Last week's ranking: 13. At the Wes Unseld Classic, the Bruins advanced to the final with a 65-60 victory over Edmondson and 51-46 win over Mount St. Joseph. Woodlawn stopped the Bruins in the championship, 52-46. Next game: Friday at No. 10 Annapolis.
12. Mount Hebron (8-0, 96) -- Last week's ranking: 11. The Vikings won their holiday tournament to remain undefeated, posting a 93-51 victory over Pikesville and a 65-54 win over South BTC Carroll for the title. Next game: Friday against Howard.
13. St. Frances (4-3, 85) -- Last week's ranking: 12. St. Frances rolled past Lancaster (Pa.), 71-40, in the first round of the Rocket Round Ball Classic in Spring Grove, Pa. In the final against host Spring Grove, the Panthers fell, 85-65. Next game: Tomorrow at Goretti.
14. Arundel (5-2, 62) -- Last week's ranking: 15. The Wildcats posted an 81-58 first-round win over the host team at the Northern-Calvert Christmas Tournament before falling to Old Mill the championship, 71-69. Next game: Tomorrow against No. 10 Annapolis.
15. Severn (11-2, 56) -- Last week's ranking: 18. The Admirals routed South River, 75-58, in the first round of the St. Mary's Christmas Tournament to advance to the final against Spalding. Snow wiped out the championship game, so Severn's regular-season game with Spalding tomorrow will also be the title game. Next game: Tomorrow against Spalding.
16. Perry Hall (6-0, 40) -- Last week's ranking: 19. Did not play. Next game: Wednesday against No. 4 Woodlawn.
17. Glen Burnie (4-1, 34) -- Last week's ranking: Not ranked. The Gophers return to the Top 20 after winning the Meade Holiday Tournament. Glen Burnie took a 72-57 victory over Edgewood in the first round and 68-58 victory over Meade in the championship game. Next game: Wednesday at No. 19 Dundalk.
18. Mount St. Joseph (6-6, 22) -- Last week's ranking: 14. In the opening round of Wes Unseld Classic the Gaels got past Randallstown, 63-57, but then fell to Broadneck, 51-46, in the semifinals. Mount St. Joseph also fell in the fourth-place game, 68-58, to Loyola. Next game: Tomorrow against No. 3 Southwestern.
19. Dundalk (5-3, 19) -- Last week's ranking: 16. The Owls lost to City, 58-53, in the first round of the Joppatowne Christmas Tournament. Wednesday, they rebounded to beat Havre de Grace, 76-58, in the consolation game. Next game: Wednesday against No. 17 Glen Burnie.
20. City (5-2, 17) -- Last week's ranking: Not ranked. The Black Knights captured the Joppatowne Tournament, beating Dundalk in the opener, 58-53, and Joppatowne in the championship, 69-58. Next game: Wednesday at Poly.
Other teams receiving votes, with record and points in parentheses: Edmondson (4-3, 12); Edgewood (3-2, 11); Aberdeen (4-2, 10); Loyola (7-5, 9); Meade (4-3, 7); Old Mill (3-3, 5); Atholton (5-2, 3); North County (4-3, 3); Poly (5-3, 2).
Poll members: John Blake (Mervo); Jack Burke (Hammond); Rick Collins (St. Paul's); George Constantine (C.M. Wright); Art Gamzon (Catonsville); Tim Holley (Gilman); Gerald Moore (Arundel); Pat O'Malley (The Baltimore Sun); Troy Warehime (North Carroll); Derek Toney (The Baltimore Sun).