Monique Jennings hit two free throws with two seconds left as Severn defeated Lansdowne, 56-54, last night to advance to the championship game against host Chesapeake at 1 p.m. today in the Chesapeake-AA Girls Holiday Tournament.
Katie Graw had 17 for the Admirals. Shannon McGarrigle led the Vikings with 17. Lansdowne trailed by as much as seven points with two minutes to play, but took the lead with 50 seconds to play, 53-52.
In the other first-round game, Sandra Norris scored 16 as Chesapeake cruised past Annapolis Area Christian, 61-21.
* Poly Invitational: In the championship game, sophomore Jawai Maith had 16 points to lead host Poly over Patterson, 61-39.
In consolation games, Kristi Sachs had 13 points to lead Owings Mills past Ballou (D.C.), 34-29. Senior forward Nicole Wilson had 21 points to lead Edgewood over Surrattsville, 45-39, and Vida Milberry led Carver with 21 points as it defeated Milford Mill, 56-38.
* Roland Park Holiday Tournament: Junior Meghan Doyle's 14 points led Maryvale (5-2) over Park (8-1), 40-30.
In other games of the round-robin tournament, Liza Shoemaker scored a game-high 13 points to lead Garrison Forest past Catholic, 49-33. Ashley Ingraham added 12 for the Grizzlies.
Notre Dame Prep built a 30-12 first-half lead over Roland Park (3-1) en route to a 47-26 victory in the other game.
* John Carroll Christmas Tournament: Senior Kristen Porcella scored 21 points to lead John Carroll (4-4) past Pallotti, 46-42, in the championship game.
* Dulaney Invitational: Host Dulaney (2-5), led by senior forward Elliott Smalls' 17 points, downed Hereford (2-3), 61-57, and C. Milton Wright (2-2), led by John Bowman's 31 points, downed Loch Raven (4-2), 89-57, in a tournament shortened to one day.
* John Carroll Tournament: Tournament MVP Will Marshall scored a game-high 35 points to lead Sparrows Point past John Carroll, 92-73, in the championship game.
Cornell Damon added 18 for the Pointers. David Westervelt led John Carroll with 22.
In the consolation, Bayview Secondary from Canada defeated Bel Air, 63-44. Mike Arbour and Jared Wideman led the winners with 15 points each. Victor Smith led Bel Air and all scorers with 20.
* Kennard Dale Tournament: Gerald Spann and Brian Taylor each scored 10 points, leading Calvert Hall (5-5) to a 47-44 victory over Kennard Dale in the tournament final Wednesday night in Farm Grove, Pa. Taylor was named the tournament MVP and the Cardinals' Vince Williams and Gerald Spann were named to the all-tournament team.
* Largo Tournament: Konata Springer scored a game-high 16 points as Towson Catholic (1-6) dropped the consolation game of the Largo Tournament, 57-54, to Coolidge (D.C.). The Owls lost their first-round game, 47-31, to Quince Orchard.