No complaints tonight. Even though there are a lot of repeats, the repeats are good ones -- including a rerun of the first full-length episode of "The Simpsons." Best first-run offering: ABC's "World of Discovery."
* "World of Discovery" (8-9 p.m., WJZ, Channel 13) -- Jim Dutcher's last film for this fine nature series was on cougars. This one is called "Wolf: Return of a Legend," and it details the activities and relationships of a wolf pack segregated on the filmmaker's 20-acre enclosure. There's some irony afoot -- one wolf is found dead, apparently killed by a cougar -- but there's also a lot of nice photography and surprising footage of wolves at play. In the tradition of Disney's TV specials and nature films of long ago, this special has an environmental bent and is recommended for the entire family. ABC.
* "The Simpsons" (8-8:30 p.m., WBFF, Channel 45) -- Both Charlie Brown and Homer Simpson, in their respective animated Christmas specials, went out at the last minute and got a forlorn tree. The difference is, Homer stole his -- the only thing to which I objected when this otherwise perfect holiday special came out in 1989. Enjoy the rest of it tonight, beginning with Bart's impromptu choral solo and ending with the "origin" of the family's nondescript pet pooch, Santa's Little Helper. Fox.
* "Seinfeld" (9-9:30 p.m., WMAR, Channel 2) -- This episode from last season is called "The Pick," which in this case is not a basketball play, but a typical "Seinfeld" euphemism for a seldom-discussed example of human behavior. In this case, it's whether or not Jerry (Jerry Seinfeld), assuming he was enjoying the privacy of a cab ride, was caught in traffic -- caught, that is,
putting his finger a little too close to his nostril, for a little too long. If you say, "That's not funny," you don't know "Seinfeld." In ,, this same episode, by the way, Kramer (Michael Richards) makes a brief appearance for Calvin Klein. NBC.
* "Police Squad! marathon" (8-11 p.m., COM) -- More jokes per minute than any show this side of "The Simpsons."
* "Larry King Live" (9-10 p.m., CNN) -- No kidding: Tonight's scheduled guest is Santa Claus. It's rumored that Mr. King didn't want to play along with such a silly holiday stunt, but it turns out CNN had a Claus in his contract.
* "Bugsy Malone" (11 p.m.-12:40 a.m., AMC) -- For some reason, this 1976 Alan Parker film fascinates me. Jodie Foster and Scott Baio star in what is possibly -- oh, heck, let's go out on a limb and say DEFINITELY -- the best gangster musical ever made starring a bunch of kids.